Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
rogeryap

Lighting From Jb

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi,

can any bros/sis share how to declare the customs value at sg customs? (after 48 hours) you get what i mean.. :) thanks

any going to make some bulk purchase from msia.. helping out some friends. they decided it's quite a hassle to all go in jb and nego and sekali tio sg customs. lol..

im usually spend weekends in msia.. so it's more than 48 hours.

noticed that msia phillips lightings are cheaper than sg.. think sg has higher tax. some bulb types may be different in msia, compared to sg. have to special order. generally, most lightings, bulbs, downlights are cheaper in msia lah.. lol

Feel that I should add my 2 cents to this thread because BLE (Best Light Electrical) has been getting a lot of good reviews online. Sure enough, they have very good pricing (e.g. ceiling fans are 50%+ off compared to Singapore, even when you compare them to other shops in JB, they are still slightly cheaper).

The contact person, Cindy, just rubs me the wrong way though. It's not that her customer service sucks, but she is very inconsistent. Sometimes she cares and answers your questions properly, sometimes she gives off that bo-chap attitude and make you sit in front of her waiting for her answers like an idiot. You would think that when you buy a lot from her shop, she would be nicer. WRONG! Whoever you are, if you don't like it, just scoot!

i wonder is there any different with the lamp holder? Eg. JB quality not as good as those bought in SG. I tot of getting downlight from Tampoi too but not sure if i should get the Philip one. If i were to get the philip downlight from JB, will there be any different with those sell in SG? Anyone encounter before?

For those who are going to Tampoi, remember to ask the cashier to issue you another decent receipt just in case you lost the original one.

This additional receipt will be beneficial when you reach Singapore customs. Hope that helps.

I went to shop ard in jb for some furniture/lighting etc. I realised that not only furniture u can get good designs and price, lighting also!!

If I'm not wrong, most shops in Singapore sell those downlights for ard $24-28. The shops I went to were selling at the same price, but in RINGGIT!!! That's ard 60% off!! Initially,I wanted to get Phillips downlights as they were selling for ard sgd 33, compared to normal ones sgd 24-28 not much diff, but If I get in jb, it's ard sgd 20 cheaper, if I get 20 sets, I'm gg to,save sgd400!! So heck the Phillips logo!! :P

They also have designer lights as well that look really good and not very ex. Saw a designer fan also very nice(although I think still lose to haiku but for the price I think qt ok) if I can I will try to post.

Hi,

Any good recommendations for furniture shops in JB?

Thanks in advance.

We separated the receipt. I think you are chargable for 10% if above 200?

If less than 48hrs in JB, each person is entitle to bring back $150/= of merchandise. thereafter will be charge on 7% GST.