Sign in to follow this  
OnTheRoad

1 Roof, 3 Generations

[quote name='OnTheRoad'

Integrated sink for dry kitchen...

img2979nh.jpg

Hi OnTheRoad,

This is a good idea. :good:

May I ask how much did your contractor charge you for the integrated sink? Is it more expensive than buying an actual sink? I think this will be a good idea for my mom's house reno in future.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi

may i know which company did you engage for the wood panels?

Unbeknownst to most, I had been feeling during the past 2 weeks that I've had just enough of all these reno coordination, site visitations, & budget adjustments.. With 1 more week to go, I decided on Sunday to give up pushing & trying & just pray for everything to be alright. & indeed, the touching up picked up significantly this week... the IDs are both on the ball & ensuring the various loose ends are being tied up.

Jia you... :sport-smiley-003:

~~~

Met the decking guys today for my L-shaped patio...was serendipitously given a good deal for burmese teak decking, so went with it...Accoya wood was my original first choice, but I was advised that Accoya has no inherent value in itself - being made from pine wood - so I'll be paying top decking dollar for the R&D & the treatment process that makes Accoya what it is. As for Burmese teak, no need to say more about it's scrap value...there are shops selling reclaimed teak furniture at high price, such as Journey East, & teak furniture can last more than a decade, judging from the offerings in Second Charm & Likethatone. Furthermore the Burmese teak decking was quoted lower than Accoya wood...so not difficult choice.

Decking starts this weekend, after which i would have to decide whether to seal it with a semi-gloss finishing, matt finishing or no finishing at all. The wood expert says teak does not need any finishing, it actually takes care of itself by oxidising its top layer (turning into a ash grey colour) that in turns protects the inner portion...

What do u all think? Semi-gloss (left) or raw & no finishing (right)? :unsure:

img2950n.jpg

Hi OnTheRoad,

This is a good idea. :good:

May I ask how much did your contractor charge you for the integrated sink? Is it more expensive than buying an actual sink? I think this will be a good idea for my mom's house reno in future.

Hi Valerie, ya to avoid seepage to cabinets hor...someone commented tho that the downside is I can't change the sink alone if it gets stained...but I think it's the same for undermount sink anyway, so am liking this option. :)

Same as for casa, will chk & get back to u both on sink alone. Cos everythg was charged 1 amt to me.

Unbeknownst to most, I had been feeling during the past 2 weeks that I've had just enough of all these reno coordination, site visitations, & budget adjustments.. With 1 more week to go, I decided on Sunday to give up pushing & trying & just pray for everything to be alright. & indeed, the touching up picked up significantly this week... the IDs are both on the ball & ensuring the various loose ends are being tied up.

Jia you... :sport-smiley-003:

~~~

Met the decking guys today for my L-shaped patio...was serendipitously given a good deal for burmese teak decking, so went with it...Accoya wood was my original first choice, but I was advised that Accoya has no inherent value in itself - being made from pine wood - so I'll be paying top decking dollar for the R&D & the treatment process that makes Accoya what it is. As for Burmese teak, no need to say more about it's scrap value...there are shops selling reclaimed teak furniture at high price, such as Journey East, & teak furniture can last more than a decade, judging from the offerings in Second Charm & Likethatone. Furthermore the Burmese teak decking was quoted lower than Accoya wood...so not difficult choice.

Decking starts this weekend, after which i would have to decide whether to seal it with a semi-gloss finishing, matt finishing or no finishing at all. The wood expert says teak does not need any finishing, it actually takes care of itself by oxidising its top layer (turning into a ash grey colour) that in turns protects the inner portion...

What do u all think? Semi-gloss (left) or raw & no finishing (right)? :unsure:

img2950n.jpg

Hi notice there are exposed screws, are they stainless steel? If not, they may rust when expose to rainwater if installed outdoor.

Hi

may i know which company did you engage for the wood panels?

Hi, Morganwu recommended a master installer who just left his company & is freelancing to work on my deck, materials from Morganwu's company.

I'm waiting for my internet to be up in my new hse to show pics of the shifu at work. He's very detailed & so far I'm happy with the work & the teak deck.

Hi notice there are exposed screws, are they stainless steel? If not, they may rust when expose to rainwater if installed outdoor.

Ya it's stainless steel screws. So its ok. :) better than nail installation, which coincidentally is what how my parquet was done.

Casa & Valerielow, the integrated sink is abt 700+. Price varies with the size as well, mine's not the industrial sink size for woks but it's still big enough for plates & pots.

Casa & Valerielow, the integrated sink is abt 700+. Price varies with the size as well, mine's not the industrial sink size for woks but it's still big enough for plates & pots.

Forgot to mention, if u take white for the sink portion, it's cheaper by 100+

Woa Casa, u're a night owl!

I not night owl but on night shift :sport-smiley-004:

I work 1wk day 1wk night now working so have time snake abit :sport-smiley-004:

Thanks for the info. By the way, the matetial is quartz? Should be durable and won't stain easily right?

No it's LG Hi Mac solid top... Due to its higher acrylic content (iirc) it won't stain as easily as other solid tops, however still not as stain resistant as quartz. That's why I chose this colour. :)

I not night owl but on night shift :sport-smiley-004:

I work 1wk day 1wk night now working so have time snake abit :sport-smiley-004:

Ooo...sounds like an interesting shift..well at least this forum will keep u gg thru the nite! ;)

Finally, my internet is up in my new house! Been staying here a week, & still getting used to it... me & hub both like crowds so kinda miss community life...

However, we're definitely enjoying the space...& thankfully our neighbours are both warm & friendly, always saying hi & wanting to chat instead of being too private. :rolleyes:

K, some updated pictures!

Dining table & chairs... the table came with plenty of defects though, so we're waiting to change.

img3074k.jpg

The wardrobe in my parents' room, customised by Malaysian furniture shop. Cost only about S$150pfr incl GST & levy.

img3073t.jpg

Shelves for storeroom, from Yee Sin at Defu. Very prompt, efficient service, they delivered on the same day, thumbs up for the 2 old uncles who setup for us. :thumbs up:

img3053l.jpg

Bedframe from Getha. Bought this because it's child-friendly & the headboard is a removable latex cushion that can be used as a mattress...

img3020g.jpg

Headboard attached by velcro...

img3021u.jpg

Edited by OnTheRoad