Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnTheRoad

1 Roof, 3 Generations

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi star70, u can approach Morganwu in this forum, his company does decking & parquet. Email is Morganwu@evergreenforest.com.sg.

tks!

Hi, Can share the Malaysia contact for the wardrobe? Looks nice.

Hi there, sorry for late reply.

The co's ANZ Home Furniture, we bought at the Taman Bt Indah branch: 61 Jln Indah, 16/12.

You choose the required number of modules carrying the internal configurations that u want. There are about 6 choices of pretty decent laminates. & the internal covering seems better than white PVC but I'm not sure what it is.

If u tompang their mthly deliveries to SG - which was what we did - u don't hv to pay transport. Only GST & one time levy.

After moving in, we continued with the reno... such as installing decking...

...changing our main door...

img3202d.jpg

... installing digital lock (by interlock from this forum)...

img3065zd.jpg

...flat roof jet wash...

img3108lk.jpg

..flat roof waterproofing...

img3179v.jpg

Edited by OnTheRoad

..installing awnings...

img3203cm.jpg

..awning for decking..

img3204rb.jpg

We're left with wallpapering, carpet grass & trees planting, & paint touch ups to be done this coming week... hopefully, by next weekend, we would be finally done! :drunk:

Has anyone tried painting blackboard paint yourself? I am pondering about doing that for my dry kitchen...

i am thinking of that too! it seems rather easy to do. lots of youtube with info too :).

i am thinking of that too! it seems rather easy to do. lots of youtube with info too :).

Isit on YouTube? K I'll chk it out!

Back to work liao so little time to do home decor stuff now...

Not only the house is nice, your photos are also very nice. Clear, sharp and bright pictures. Very informative.

Hi matrix, thanks for ur compliments! :)

Just showing some of the purchases we made...

Shelves from Grafunkt, bought at clearance price of $999. Love the matt black steel...plus the fact that its made for heavy loads.

img3219d.jpg

Solid beech wood chair from Grafunkt, slightly less than $300... my study chair.

img3182j.jpg

Sideboard from Koda, slightly less than $900.. made of solid oak.

img3220g.jpg

Solid oak frame, chair from Koda... $365. This was sitting in a corner in the warehouse... the salesperson had to dig out the price. Like the slight retro styling & the smooth edges... & most of all the fact it's solid oak.

img3284m.jpg

3 tier basket from Egg3...about $100+.

img3222h.jpg

An original art piece from a local painter... we had it reframed for a modern look to suit the house & the abstract style contrasting with the traditional chinese medium.

img3221g.jpg

We also just bought a solid oak dining table from Koda to replace the defective one currently being used. Looking forward to that! :sport-smiley-004:

Wow, been so long since I checked back this topic and had to scroll way down to find my thread... Haha.

I just wanted to do this for the timber deck uncle called Ah Zheng shifu. The deck is a fav of mine on wkends & I like how good it looks & how I didn't have to take extra care that my son doesn't scratch or damage the deck.

For anyone who's interested to do decking, do consider using him. His materials are taken from Morganwu's company, and he charges a margin for the installation services. He is very detailed & meticulous in the installation, which accounts for the good workmanship.

You can see more of my deck in his blog:

http://ahzhengshifu.wordpress.com/

Do pm me if anyone has queries, as I will not be checking the thread often. :yamseng:

Landscaping was done a few weeks ago, here are some pics:

Removing the old grass & soil..

img3229o.jpg

Covering the lawn with sand as a base for the carpet grass..

img3236q.jpg

Finished!

img3238j.jpg

View from my terrace..

img3281t.jpg

The cheerful group greets me everyday outside the gate...

img3240k.jpg