Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
helenlee

Jb Address

Came back from JB yesterday very satisfied. Here are some advice:

1)Plan your trip, unlike s'pore, one point to the other in JB is really far apart. This is my proposed journey, go to Yes (22 Jalan Serampang, Taman Pelangi, 80050 Johor Bahru)for fan, then to Aldeco (17 & 17A, Jalan Sutera Satu, Taman Sentosa, 80150 Johor Bahru. Tel: 607-331 1250 ) for bathroom items then to Avalon for lights. These are lined up one after the other along the way, hoped i'm not wrong.

2) Personally, i was at Tampoi then then avalon which was a disaster for my pals that came with me. I was in each shop for over 3 hours; select, setup, inspect and pay, my friends have to wait out the entire ordeal. But if you guys use above route, friends can go shop at Pelangi when you are at Yes, eat at Taman Sentosa when you are at Aldeco and shop at Aeon when you are at Avalon. Alternatively, you can place Aldeco last, where you can also wash your car, pump petrol and makan.

3) Bring buddies, each person gives you a $150 tax free quota, so the more the merrier. Moreover, you can get feedback for your selections.

Avalon is a modern lighting shop with good quality egyptian and swarovski crystal lights. Unlike many lighting shops, Avalon products are up to date and they dun sell K9 crystals. For those who fancy shops with designer lights eg those sold at lush, then this is a good spot. Most importantly, their price is very reasonable (range of 2-300 sing even for elaborates ones). FYI, they are having a promo till end month.

For your reference, i got KDK V56 at 488 ringgit and a whole lot of other items. I think the price should be more or less the same at Yes. Exchange rate now $1 sing = $2.46 ringgit, really no brainer if to chose between a day at Balestia/jalan besar or a day at JB, defintely JB.

LED lights i'm still comparing prices and quality, if you guys have lobang do let me know. Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just to share, you guys may try VIP Lighting Sdn Bhd too, they do carry lots of Designer Range of Lighting, along the road also have two others lighting shop, you may compare. After compare, i still find VIP better. I bought my whole house lights and fans there.

VIP Lighting

NO 57,59 Jalan Meranti Merah

Taman Melodies

80250 Johor Bahru

Johor, West Malaysia

Tel : +607 333 7339

Webpage : www.viplightingjb.com

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/viplight.jb

Came back from JB yesterday very satisfied. Here are some advice:

1)Plan your trip, unlike s'pore, one point to the other in JB is really far apart. This is my proposed journey, go to Yes (22 Jalan Serampang, Taman Pelangi, 80050 Johor Bahru)for fan, then to Aldeco (17 & 17A, Jalan Sutera Satu, Taman Sentosa, 80150 Johor Bahru. Tel: 607-331 1250 ) for bathroom items then to Avalon for lights. These are lined up one after the other along the way, hoped i'm not wrong.

2) Personally, i was at Tampoi then then avalon which was a disaster for my pals that came with me. I was in each shop for over 3 hours; select, setup, inspect and pay, my friends have to wait out the entire ordeal. But if you guys use above route, friends can go shop at Pelangi when you are at Yes, eat at Taman Sentosa when you are at Aldeco and shop at Aeon when you are at Avalon. Alternatively, you can place Aldeco last, where you can also wash your car, pump petrol and makan.

3) Bring buddies, each person gives you a $150 tax free quota, so the more the merrier. Moreover, you can get feedback for your selections.

Avalon is a modern lighting shop with good quality egyptian and swarovski crystal lights. Unlike many lighting shops, Avalon products are up to date and they dun sell K9 crystals. For those who fancy shops with designer lights eg those sold at lush, then this is a good spot. Most importantly, their price is very reasonable (range of 2-300 sing even for elaborates ones). FYI, they are having a promo till end month.

For your reference, i got KDK V56 at 488 ringgit and a whole lot of other items. I think the price should be more or less the same at Yes. Exchange rate now $1 sing = $2.46 ringgit, really no brainer if to chose between a day at Balestia/jalan besar or a day at JB, defintely JB.

LED lights i'm still comparing prices and quality, if you guys have lobang do let me know. Thanks!

Hi can we have Avalon address?

Avalon accept credit card at no extra charges.

The rest they do accept but with additional charges.

BLE ( Best Light Electrical Sdn. Bhd) in Taman Johor Jaya -- BEWARE!

I sourced my lights and ceiling fans from BLE ( Best Light Electrical Sdn. Bhd), based on good reviews from Renotalk. Their price is cheap and their quality is also horrendous.

A few problems:

(1) We just opened the box of light yesterday -- the quality was poor! The furnishing on the wooden part was rough and there were 2 dents on the edges of the light box. We didn't check the good before taking back to Singapore, so now we are faced with (a) making another trip to JB or (b) suck up with it.

(2) Ceiling fan with light, Fanco brand. One fan has a crack on the light cover. When the electrician unscrewed the cover, the piece broke into pieces. Now my electrician has to go source for replacement. God knows where he's going to find it in Singapore as this is a Malaysian Fanco model!!!

(3) Ceiling fan with light, Fanco brand. One of the boxes missing a bracket for the remote control.

(4) Philips fluorescent light. One of the cables came loose, not soldered properly. I must go hunting for a shop in SIngapore to solder the loose wire! Sigh...

(5) Simple T5 tube. BLE sold it without the bracket to mount the light. All it costs is $1. Why did they purposely omit it? What the heck -- just to save money?

LESSONS:

(1) Check your goods before taking it

(2) Cheap good = cheap quality. If possible, go to another shop.

(3) Cindy Chong is not as nice as the forum seems to indicate. Beware of her.

today is 13 may 15 my wife n I just made a trip to tampoi. We managed to get our fans n lights there at a very satifactory price . Total for 4 ceiling fans n 17 downlights n 1x dining light = s $636. Comparatively if we were to get fm sgp these stuffs w easily add up to s$2000 plus. Just to give u some fig to think abt .. A 4" 12w downlight cost s $38 in jln besar whilst it cost RM30. A ceiling fan 56" c/w lights n Bluetooth selling Rm558 whilst in sgp a similar model wo Bluetooth is alrdy s $500 plus . So surely I w be back soon more to shop for more lights at tampoi . BTW the shop we bought is fm star world they hv good range n reasonably priced

today is 13 may 15 my wife n I just made a trip to tampoi. We managed to get our fans n lights there at a very satifactory price . Total for 4 ceiling fans n 17 downlights n 1x dining light = s $636. Comparatively if we were to get fm sgp these stuffs w easily add up to s$2000 plus. Just to give u some fig to think abt .. A 4" 12w downlight cost s $38 in jln besar whilst it cost RM30. A ceiling fan 56" c/w lights n Bluetooth selling Rm558 whilst in sgp a similar model wo Bluetooth is alrdy s $500 plus . So surely I w be back soon more to shop for more lights at tampoi . BTW the shop we bought is fm star world they hv good range n reasonably priced

hi,

just curious, do star world deliver the items in singapore or you have to carry it back?