Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ne0matr1x

Recommended Distance Between Cooker Hob And Hood

Hi fellow forummers,

Let me refreshed this old topic. I bought a slim type hood from EF.

Model number: EFCH 9202 HM SS

http://www.ef.com.sg/Products.aspx?catid=2

My ID recommended the height between the bottom kitchen cabinet and top cabinet at 600mm. This looks fine to at first. However problems arrives when my carpentry is up and when I put the hood into the slot, I feels too low and will hit my head. My wife and I was not happy with the hood height. Upon checking with our friends and relative houses, we found out that their hoods is installed at about 700mm - 740mm.

Now if I want to change the height of the cabinet and hood, the carpenter says that they will have to charge me. If I do not pay, the carpenter will not go ahead with my renovation works.

Is there anyway to argue this case?

Is there a recommended distance between the hood and hob? I'm also using a gas hob.

Any solution to this?

Thanks

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Slim type hood the suction power is not that strong, so the ideal height between hob and hood is about 600mm or refer to the installation instruction from the hood manufacturer.

If you install at between 700mm - 740mm, you will have a white elephant that cannot efficiently do the job. If your concern is knocking your head into it, then you should build the kitchen cabinet higher, the usual is about 860mm, those ang mo kitchen cabinet is usually above 900mm. For custom made, your carpenter will charge you more if you opt for non-standard height.

Edited by taichipanda

Slim type hood the suction power is not that strong, so the ideal height between hob and hood is about 600mm or refer to the installation instruction from the hood manufacturer.

If you install at between 700mm - 740mm, you will have a white elephant that cannot efficiently do the job. If your concern is knocking your head into it, then you should build the kitchen cabinet higher, the usual is about 860mm, those ang mo kitchen cabinet is usually above 900mm. For custom made, your carpenter will charge you more if you opt for non-standard height.

Hi taichipanda, thanks for the reply. I've just check with the spec guy from EF themselves. He says the recommended height for my particular model is between 650mm - 750mm. Due to safety measure, any lower there might be hazards of heat on the hood and plastic components (eg the vent fans and filter pads etc.) and might caught fire. Especially for gas hob, higher installation is preferred.

Anyone else have experience with this?

Hi taichipanda, thanks for the reply. I've just check with the spec guy from EF themselves. He says the recommended height for my particular model is between 650mm - 750mm. Due to safety measure, any lower there might be hazards of heat on the hood and plastic components (eg the vent fans and filter pads etc.) and might caught fire. Especially for gas hob, higher installation is preferred.

Anyone else have experience with this?

Check with hood manufacturer best. :good: