Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Fauzi

Storage Heater, Gas Heater Or Instant Heater? Pls Advice..

Hi guys,

Need some help here.. Doing reno in my 4room house and currently, me and my wife only one staying in e house.. Im still contemplating to choose which heater.. At the same time wants to have hot water for kitchen sink and bathroom basin.. Pls pls advice

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi guys,

Need some help here.. Doing reno in my 4room house and currently, me and my wife only one staying in e house.. Im still contemplating to choose which heater.. At the same time wants to have hot water for kitchen sink and bathroom basin.. Pls pls advice

Choose City Gas heater able to supply your whole house :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by casa

I have City Gas heater installed recently . You have to get prepared a plumber to run hot and cold water piping. Cost me $900 to run both bath rooms. City Gas only provide the gas piping and installation of gas heater. Also choose the best heater. It will help in water pressure .

I have City Gas heater installed recently . You have to get prepared a plumber to run hot and cold water piping. Cost me $900 to run both bath rooms. City Gas only provide the gas piping and installation of gas heater. Also choose the best heater. It will help in water pressure .

U pay $900 to run the hot and cold pipe....I supposed u r staying in those old estate coz mine new estate have hot and cold pipe supply ready liao :bath:

So which model u chose bro??Mine Rinnai :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by casa

U pay $900 to run the hot and cold pipe....I supposed u r staying in those old estate coz mine new estate have hot and cold pipe supply ready liao :bath:

So which model u chose bro??Mine Rinnai :sport-smiley-004:

Hi guys,

just wondering if you guys considered using storage heater? I am choosing between the two but hear from my friends that storage heater heat up faster le. Hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

just wondering if you guys considered using storage heater? I am choosing between the two but hear from my friends that storage heater heat up faster le. Hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks.

Storage looks big and bulky also depends on how many litres u require

Gas heater slim and compact

It all depends on u afterall its u who is using end of the day

For me so far so good

$900 for the plumber to run hot and cold water piping is really expensive to me. Is this price for new hdb? I'm comparing city gas heater and storage heater too.

Mine new flat running cold water pipe to gas heater less then $200

maybe depend on lenght of piping

Anyway get your plumber to quote u

:yamseng:

I have a question that may be out of this topic. I just bought a re-sale unit and the previous owner already have this City Gas water heater installed. However, I think the piping are done horrendously. They are all visible from the kitchen (through the wall) and then it snakes its way to our MBR toilet and the common one. Is this normal? Are there any suggestions to hide this ugliness?

I'm planning to get gas water heater installed in my new HDB and my ID is quoting me $250/- for the piping works. Is this reasonable? Any reliable plumber to recommend? Thanks in advance.

I'm planning to get gas water heater installed in my new HDB and my ID is quoting me $250/- for the piping works. Is this reasonable? Any reliable plumber to recommend? Thanks in advance.

250 like abit expensive. But depend on the installation work and length of piping. I did mine for less than 200 i recall. normally ID is sub out to plumber so got mark up. Anyway you can do a google search a lot of contractor. den ask price lo.

http://www.24hrsingaporeplumber.com/plumbing-services/water-heater-installation-and-repair.html

this webpage quite helpful but than i think last time i not engage them 1...either that or they changed their web design haha coz i rember the name got 24 hour and singapore plumber nia.

Edited by cyf

I also struggling between storage n city gas heater but at the end we decided to use city gas heater .. I personally prefer it is smaller compared to storage heater n can save more in long run .. Reno hasn't started, will update again after use it ..

May be need to call city gas officer to check and confirm if old flat not adviceable to install gas heater?

We called them to check if can install in kitchen, they asked us try not to conceal the city gas heater .. of course we won't conceal due to safety issue.

Can have your plumber contact nos pls . I need a plumber to connect the inlet and outlet to my bathroom in my new BTO flat.

Budget below $200

All the quote from most plumber I found all quoting me above 250sgd

Pls contact me @ 97480488