Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
whitehousey

White House...

quartz also have joint lines. granite is different stones from quartz. just like diamond is different stone from ruby.

granite still stains as its porous like marble. quartz are non porous. and granite do not have white, there are not natural white granite, but quartz have.

and for scratches, granite is softer so easier to scratch, quartz are harder.

Thanks May, does that mean that Granite cannot hold hot pan on it?

Whhitehousey, sorry to ask qn on your blog.

Edited by MamaO

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Notice that your track is on the top instead of the wall. any reason for this? Isnt usually on the wall? Which is better?

If we use eubiq and have alot of cables, will it look messy with lot of cable on it?

Hi MamaO, I've seen it done both ways and we intentionally requested the eubiq power strip to be on the counter top.

I thought if we didn't have anything else on the wall it might look a little out of place there.. If I had cabinets on top I'd probably have chosen it to be on the wall. :)

The best thing about Eubiq is when you have nothing plugged in it looks really neat/sleek.

If you're planning to have stuff plugged in permanent then I'd suggest the old school route as the eubiq isn't much value add that way.

no problem!! but once you are used to big kitchen, difficult to move to smaller kitchen. save money then upgrade in the future.

We're planning to live here for awhile.

I know that what a lot of people say.. haha.. but in all our space planning we were considering the future with kids and all.

Really hope we don't have to move in the next 6-8 years, partly because this process was quite tiring and we're also so happy with it now. :)

Hi MamaO, I've seen it done both ways and we intentionally requested the eubiq power strip to be on the counter top.

I thought if we didn't have anything else on the wall it might look a little out of place there.. If I had cabinets on top I'd probably have chosen it to be on the wall. :)

The best thing about Eubiq is when you have nothing plugged in it looks really neat/sleek.

If you're planning to have stuff plugged in permanent then I'd suggest the old school route as the eubiq isn't much value add that way.

Thanks, still cracking head and thinking if to have that or not. Look really nice n sleek but not too sure if it's going to be value add for me.

no problem!! but once you are used to big kitchen, difficult to move to smaller kitchen. save money then upgrade in the future.

I need to say something here.

I was just at my friend's new 3rm condo apt yesterday. It was a really beautiful place, nice greenery/facilities/pool.

Their rooms were all quite nice and big too but I was shocked at how small kitchens are these days. :jawdrop:

It got me thinking.. how will we ever be able to upgrade in the future to a similar sized condo, in the same area.

Looks like we may stay here longer than we think!

Ur place is very bright and nice :) white kitchen is very nice!

Thank you potatoes. The kitchen is the heart of our house and I love cooking in it!

I need to say something here.

I was just at my friend's new 3rm condo apt yesterday. It was a really beautiful place, nice greenery/facilities/pool.

Their rooms were all quite nice and big too but I was shocked at how small kitchens are these days. :jawdrop:

It got me thinking.. how will we ever be able to upgrade in the future to a similar sized condo, in the same area.

Looks like we may stay here longer than we think!

cos nowadays not that many ppl cook anymore. most will eat out.... that is why kitchen getting smaller and smaller.

i also cannot imagine moving to those past 10 years hdb where the kitchen is quite small. and i would imagine the size of kitchen will only get smaller.... even at condo as well. so i am thinking, maybe i will stay here till hdb start to chase me away.

cos nowadays not that many ppl cook anymore. most will eat out.... that is why kitchen getting smaller and smaller.

i also cannot imagine moving to those past 10 years hdb where the kitchen is quite small. and i would imagine the size of kitchen will only get smaller.... even at condo as well. so i am thinking, maybe i will stay here till hdb start to chase me away.

Yeah I'm with you on that May!

It's funny how the government is saying our space ratio per person in the flats is increasing when the kitchens are disappearing. :bleah:

Yeah I'm with you on that May!

It's funny how the government is saying our space ratio per person in the flats is increasing when the kitchens are disappearing. :bleah:

cos bedrooms and living room still around.... and family getting smaller so per person ratio is bigger. hehehee.... although i wish i can get EA so even bigger kitchen and bedroom. hahahaah...

Now I need some help from you reno/house geniuses out there.

1) My wireless internet transmitter is not powerful enough to reach my masterbed room.

I know you can purchase a booster from places like DealExtreme.com or Mertiline.com but a friend of ours got one from there and it didn't work. Any suggestions?

583c5312.jpg

BTW, aren't the daisies beautiful. :D

You can shift the position of the router from the right to the left on the console, nearer to the walk way. You can also lift the router higher, like hang it on the wall to improve the signal.

You can shift the position of the router from the right to the left on the console, nearer to the walk way. You can also lift the router higher, like hang it on the wall to improve the signal.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm really a noob at all these.

We actually couldn't receive the Wifi in our MBR so for the whole last week we tried putting the router in the different rooms to see which had better all rounded reception.

None seemed to work well so I've heeded your advice and put it on a ladder in the middle bedroom and now everywhere has a good signal.

That extra elevation worked like magic!

Just wished we knew about it earlier, we could have asked the contractor to get an extra phone point + power socket higher up and also build up a ledge for the router.

Yeah, the ladder is just a temporary solution.. need to figure out a more permanent one soon.

Are there boosters in the market that will help with the signal strength?

Does anyone have a suggestion for me to improve my Wifi signal for the whole house?

Can i know which id / contractor u used ?

Mine to share the quotation.

Thank U

PMed!

you are using Singtel ADSL? not fiber optic internet?

even if you get contractor to build elevated ledge with phone point and power socket, it would only work for ADSL. Once you start using fiber optic internet, it would have to be near your tv (so that you can have paid tv via fiber optic).

so i think getting a booster might be better.... for that, i also noob. hehehehe..

Hi whitehousey, you really got the similar floor plan with us ! Now I know which area u bought ~

Your house condition was really nice .. Your balcony is good but why u didn't want to keep ?

Well, u won't regret buying this house 〜(ゝ。∂)

you are using Singtel ADSL? not fiber optic internet?

even if you get contractor to build elevated ledge with phone point and power socket, it would only work for ADSL. Once you start using fiber optic internet, it would have to be near your tv (so that you can have paid tv via fiber optic).

so i think getting a booster might be better.... for that, i also noob. hehehehe..

Yeah i'm using the old school ADSL.

I went to challenger yesterday and found a possible solution, this thing called a "Wifi Repeater" can duplicate an existing signal and boost it.

But it's pretty expensive and i'm not sure if it will work well. Can anybody comment?