Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Akirared

Question About Pe For Semi-D

Hi All,

I am a newbie in renovating my house. Recently, I bought a single story semi-D and have engage a contractor to extent some of my external wall. It covers about 30%-40% of the external walls.

After hacking the old wall and building up the new wall, the contractor told me that I will need to engage a PE for URA and BCA approval. They are saying that the PE cost is S$15K. I feel that the PE cost is very high. Can anyone advise me if this is the correct amount I should be paying a PE? Can I get an external PE to help me with the submission for approval that is cheaper?

Regards,

Akira

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I recently bought an inter terrace... yes, PE cost is ard $15K +/- (at least that was what I was paying)

You need to have the PE endorsement to submit to BCA for approval. Especially if you are knocking off walls, adding extra floors, etc.

BUT the contractor should have told you upfront even before the knocking began.

Submission should be done before actual works began.

What if now the BCA tells you that the approval not given, then how?

jialat liao, need to rework it back to its original condition (worse case scenario)...

Good luck!

Edited by shmj