Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
princessandhergeek

Memoirs Of A Princess And Her Geek

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

ooo ya hommage is quite good - the boss n boss lady n staff r nice people! they actually came down to our place to buff up the stainless steel leg of the table that we bought so we were very impressed >.< and the boss was very willing to share his success story to people who r interested - it's always nice to hear of how someone comes to be a business owner >.<

pictures coming soon!! (but 2 chairs missing cox got defects haha)

That's nice. Gd service. Look fwd to see ur pics soon. :)

Edited by originalbread

Oh dear, that's a disappointment with caesarstone seller... No warranty card even after two mths? Hmmm, my potential id actually quote me caesarstone for quartz countertop as he cant get silestone contact... Is it due to going direct that makes the difference in service?

Btw, u say BLUM do kitchen quote... How do u go about it? What a nice thing it'll be if could have BLUM kitchen done by BLUM itself... Wahaha.

ya.. no news at all regarding the warranty from the agent so it's depressing.. and the quartz that we have right now looks so dirty i do not know how to start cleaning it =(

errr actually u can go direct for both caesar n silestone.. caesarstone (they say to go to BLUM to see their quartz material on countertops) has two official distributors (one garnet home one i'm not sure what the name is) and silestone has a BIG showroom in changi area =) and the prices quoted there tend to lower than that quoted by contractors/ ID. Example: 20mm caesarstone generally costs 16xpfr (they say it's 160, but when the invoice came, they charged at 165 pfr, and they gave some 'unbreakdownable' quote for the island counter as we incorporated glass onto the counter top..). 40mm caesarstone is around 180 pfr.. at least these are the numbers that garnet home has about 6 months ago.. the garnet home lady kept reassuring that there is no difference, in fact it's better to go to them directly instead of through the contractor/id.. so we decided to do it that way.. and Roy was the one helping to talk to her and make sure she knows what is needed.. we suspected that it could be the case.. maybe end users do not push the saleperson as much as the contractor/id would, hence the salesperson take it for granted? =(

anyway, u just need to email blum with ur floorplan requesting for a proposal, or email them with a floorplan that u have in mind, and ask them to fit in the drawers for u.. for a more customised experience, call BLUM and make an appointment to go down and go over ur floorplan and what u wan for ur kitchen with the staff there - they will actually follow up with a detailed plan of what u have discussed so far.. good service at BLUM.. they r at ubi btw!

Hi princessandhergeek,

I like how your house comes nicely together! Do you mind pming me Roy's contact? Thanks!

hi rain! pm'ed u Roy's contact =) happy renoing!

hi princess,

may i have roy's contact? want to make sure if it's the same one i saw on a website

and if u dun mind, can u also pm me the price for ur entire reno?

thanks!

hi edd! Pm'ed u =) happy renoing!! (anyway Roy's webby is not up yet haha I think the one u r seeing is a super outdated one)

Hi, i am interested in e id you are using. Can u pm me e company,id name and contact thanks

hi acer! pm'ed u! happy renoing!

ya.. no news at all regarding the warranty from the agent so it's depressing.. and the quartz that we have right now looks so dirty i do not know how to start cleaning it =(

errr actually u can go direct for both caesar n silestone.. caesarstone (they say to go to BLUM to see their quartz material on countertops) has two official distributors (one garnet home one i'm not sure what the name is) and silestone has a BIG showroom in changi area =) and the prices quoted there tend to lower than that quoted by contractors/ ID. Example: 20mm caesarstone generally costs 16xpfr (they say it's 160, but when the invoice came, they charged at 165 pfr, and they gave some 'unbreakdownable' quote for the island counter as we incorporated glass onto the counter top..). 40mm caesarstone is around 180 pfr.. at least these are the numbers that garnet home has about 6 months ago.. the garnet home lady kept reassuring that there is no difference, in fact it's better to go to them directly instead of through the contractor/id.. so we decided to do it that way.. and Roy was the one helping to talk to her and make sure she knows what is needed.. we suspected that it could be the case.. maybe end users do not push the saleperson as much as the contractor/id would, hence the salesperson take it for granted? =(

anyway, u just need to email blum with ur floorplan requesting for a proposal, or email them with a floorplan that u have in mind, and ask them to fit in the drawers for u.. for a more customised experience, call BLUM and make an appointment to go down and go over ur floorplan and what u wan for ur kitchen with the staff there - they will actually follow up with a detailed plan of what u have discussed so far.. good service at BLUM.. they r at ubi btw!

Wa, I shall try doing that for Blum. Btw, after consultation with Blum, still can go through contractor to purchase? Or is it cheaper to go directly to them?

Wa, I shall try doing that for Blum. Btw, after consultation with Blum, still can go through contractor to purchase? Or is it cheaper to go directly to them?

hmmm in the end after the consultation at BLUM, we didn't go ahead cox the total quote added another 4k and we din have the budget for that after the quartz.. for BLUM, they will ask u to go to their recommended carpenters to do the fittings (which makes sense cox only a BLUM certified carpenter can install it properly).. so i think going through contractor to purchase is fine (or u can buy and ask ur contractor to fix?) but need to enzure that your contractor is BLUM certified!! =D

Hi there!

Like you, I kept Roy's contact since 2011 but had been procrastinating about my renovation till now...

I contacted Roy recently and guessed what? He brought me to your place to take a look at the workmanship! I was really impressed and I must say that you have a beautiful home :)

Based on the workmanship alone (and of course great reviews of him), I was won over and have sort of decided to engage Roy for my renovation. However, can I check with you on your renovation cost, just as a benchmark? Please PM me, thanks a lot! :)

My gate is done. Hehehe

show me pict of urs. Wanna see how it looks like.

ooo! congrats on moving in!! hmmm dun b lazy~~~ sand it down!! we painted our HHS door too (as in Roy got his painters to do it) the first time we saw it, our jaw drop cox it looks seriously 'bitsy' but Roy got his guy to sand down the whole thing and it looks WAY better now.. i suspect that's what he got his painter to do for our main door too.. otherwise how could he have transformed a wooden door to an acrylic lookalike door? >.<

chicken cutlet is good? hmm will try it next time!! i still havent moved in =( everytime i go over i feel so envious of the ppl already living in damai.. wanna move in too!!!!!

and as for curtains, my mum told us to go with MGL >.< went to check out the prices today - 13xx for the house.. but the materials that we like will make the quote go higher.. so a bit headache on that.. r ur blinds blackout materials? how's the quality? contact please~~~~~ hehehehehe...

Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog. I love your design. Do you think I can have your contact for Roy?

Also, I have a question. Did you remove the original tiles in the bathroom and change them?