Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sgbdk

Re-Painting After Ceiling Leak Repair

Hi all, recently the ceiling at my masterbed room's toilet have been leaking and I have approached HDB to assess the problem. They have since done with the repair and also allow about a month plus of drying for the ceiling to be ready for painting

I had used matex white for my ceiling but bcos the leak initially had causes it be be damp and the matex coat at the leak area had cracked and peeled/dropped off and worse, some portion turn yellowish due to the leak. HDB appointed 3rd party contractor to come paint my ceiling but they only remove the peeled off area and paint another coat over it. The next day, the paint start to crack again and when I use a scraper to scrap it off.. The new coat of paint came off again

I have been advice that I need to scrap off my whole ceiling paint in order to solve the problem but it will be a tedious job to scrap the whole ceiling.. Anyone know how can I prevent the coat from dropping off again w/o having to scrap off the whole ceiling?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Appreciate some useful advice pls

Hi,

Im no expert but u need a tin of wall primer . This primer allows the paint (color of your choice) to stick onto the ceiling .

So step 1. Prepare surface by scraping off peeeling paint,followed by plastering if needed.

Step 2. Paint with wall primer

Step 3. Paint with color of your choice.

Due to the wet conditions of the bathroom , i chose to paint the final coat with this oil based white paint.

Hope this is of help . Regards

Hi all, recently the ceiling at my masterbed room's toilet have been leaking and I have approached HDB to assess the problem. They have since done with the repair and also allow about a month plus of drying for the ceiling to be ready for painting

I had used matex white for my ceiling but bcos the leak initially had causes it be be damp and the matex coat at the leak area had cracked and peeled/dropped off and worse, some portion turn yellowish due to the leak. HDB appointed 3rd party contractor to come paint my ceiling but they only remove the peeled off area and paint another coat over it. The next day, the paint start to crack again and when I use a scraper to scrap it off.. The new coat of paint came off again

I have been advice that I need to scrap off my whole ceiling paint in order to solve the problem but it will be a tedious job to scrap the whole ceiling.. Anyone know how can I prevent the coat from dropping off again w/o having to scrap off the whole ceiling?

this mean the upstair neighbor require new waterproofing in their master bedroom toilet floor, although there is no water droplet form on your ceiling, the ground under the toilet tile is still too moist for paint to stick on your ceiling, even with primer also cant help, unless your upstair neighbor can dont use the toilet for a month or so for you to re-paint a few layers of primer.

Hey...I think you should first check your ceiling leakage again.

After that your next step would be to use primer and then use paint on your cieling.

You can also consult any roofing company for roof maintainence before painting it and get a better and long lasting results.