Charmed_Empress

Help With My Quotation

Hello,

Can anyone help with my quotation, please? I was hoping to sign up with this ID this week. Is it expensive or can I request for discounts?

22167488.jpg

68122341.jpg

i did my overlaying of toilet floor tiles at just slightly over 1k for 2 toilets. and workmanship is good. yours consider small job, no need to go to extend to get ID to do it. Normal contractor can le.

=)

Yr plumber works does not include hot water piping. Please counter check and the hacking price is reasonable. Masonry depend on your square area so I can't comment much ( please check what kind of tiles u entitled. E.g how much per pcs

Looks reasonable to me.

My personal opinion it is better to hack and lay instead of overlay, may cost more for hacking and waterproofing.

Kitchen carpentry is $10.3K and description very general, external laminate mean internal is cheap and lousy white pvc. No mention of any soft closing hardware means none provided, will be hidden cost if TS add it later.

Just kitchen and 2 toilets already $24.6K reasonable meh? :jawdrop:

May i suggest better get more quote to compare?

Edited by taichipanda

My personal opinion it is better to hack and lay instead of overlay, may cost more for hacking and waterproofing.

Kitchen carpentry is $10.3K and description very general, external laminate mean internal is cheap and lousy white pvc. No mention of any soft closing hardware means none provided, will be hidden cost if TS add it later.

You mean the inside can be other than white pvc? Also, what is soft closing hardware? Is it the blum system?

What is the reasonable price range for kitchen and 2 toilets?

Thanks so much for helping to review.

You mean the inside can be other than white pvc? Also, what is soft closing hardware? Is it the blum system?

Blum is one of the soft closing hardware which is FOC for what i see (taichipanda, see item 11.4 all the way near the end which stated FOC).

The inside can be laminate but of course that means more $$$.

it also stated that free hood and hob? hhhmmm..... does that means you cannot choose the type you like? hob are quite personal based on your style of cooking.

as for laying of tiles, its not stated the max value of tiles you can choose. if its $2.80psf, then you will have problem choosing and have to top up. so better confirm on that.

Blum is one of the soft closing hardware which is FOC for what i see (taichipanda, see item 11.4 all the way near the end which stated FOC).

The inside can be laminate but of course that means more $$$.

it also stated that free hood and hob? hhhmmm..... does that means you cannot choose the type you like? hob are quite personal based on your style of cooking.

as for laying of tiles, its not stated the max value of tiles you can choose. if its $2.80psf, then you will have problem choosing and have to top up. so better confirm on that.

May_dream1, item no. 11.4 is Blum soft closing TANDEM runner system (drawer track), you think FOC they will give Blum TANDEMBOX? No mention of Blum soft closing hinges means none provided.

yes, at expense of more $$$. Go IKEA and go slam their kitchen cabinet drawers or casement doors... those close with loud bang is normal closing, those that stop before fully close then soft slide to close is soft closing.

Go out and get many quotations and compare.

May_dream1, item no. 11.4 is Blum soft closing TANDEM runner system (drawer track), you think FOC they will give Blum TANDEMBOX? No mention of Blum soft closing hinges means none provided.

of course not lah... tandembox is not cheap leh.... and its stated $300 only and i would expect its just runner loh. the runners also partial soft closing.... no mention of hinges means casement door no soft closing. so cannot say totally don't have soft closing since got FOC blum runner.

i am not saying its reasonable, i am saying there are some FOC BLUM for 3 drawers. if want to add more drawers or for casement doors to hav soft closing as well, then add $$ loh.

For the electrical, there is no prices but you can get a good indicative price from your ID in terms of per point cost (eg, per lighting (downlight) point, per wall point, power socket points, SCV points, Tel Point, Fibre, aircon power points (13A), stove/oven points (13A), etc). Also, some designer charge for the installation of lights (especially hanging lights and some don't). Just check it out first.

Also, there may be other small things which you may require installations and you may also DIY. Eg, Safe, Door Bell, picture/portraits, etc.

Just be careful because if you spell this out early, you won't be at their mercy when the renovation starts.

Good luck.

of course not lah... tandembox is not cheap leh.... and its stated $300 only and i would expect its just runner loh. the runners also partial soft closing.... no mention of hinges means casement door no soft closing. so cannot say totally don't have soft closing since got FOC blum runner.

i am not saying its reasonable, i am saying there are some FOC BLUM for 3 drawers. if want to add more drawers or for casement doors to hav soft closing as well, then add $$ loh.

haha... the 3 stooges are not equal to a circus.

everything also add $ add $ add $, sure faint :bangwall:

haha... the 3 stooges are not equal to a circus.

everything also add $ add $ add $, sure faint :bangwall:

hahahahaah... i bet you just watch the 2 stooges movie? funny?

ya lah, nowadays what no need $$ and $$? ID/contractor also need to earn a living mah... only people like me that earn fixed income every month and no increment that will die first.

That's true hacking is better at only additional costs of hacking and material. Better guarantee too. cuz overlaying you dun know when the existing tiles will pop :seeya:

I agree with Tachipanda. Most likely internal is white pvc. But at $115 pfr... it's reasonable la :) As for soft closing probably there is, juz that it will not be blum, China brand maybe. or can even be excel~ :)

So charmed... u could ask for more quotes (tho i understand it's kind of a pain in the *** looking thru quotes from 10 Contractor/ID :help: ) and ask for more details as well like what Tachipanda said. hehez :thumbs up:

Wellz here's a mini breakdown for your quote~

1.1 can add more FOC items like Space planning, Applying for Reno permit, Interior Designing consultation, Arrangement for PUB gas pipe installation if any, Consultation on lightings, furniture and accessories, etc. :sport-smiley-004:

D4 cant give much comments cuz need area of kitchen and bathrooms :dunno:

4.5 can be cheaper

F6 can ask ur ID to list down the items like double powerpoint and single powerpoint, etc and indicate the pricing for each item :deal:

7.2 tempered glass shower screen can be cheaper

10.1 $150 pfr is reasonable but do take note granite and marble countertop needs alot of maintenance alright? natural stone ma... :~

10.2 $250 pfr ask for more details like casement/sliding? internal coloured pvc? soft closing? probably can be cheaper by $20pfr? if its white internal pvc and cheap soft closing :rolleyes:

10.3 $115 pfr is reasonable... :)

10.4 same as 10.2

K11 the free items. They are not free la~ considering the plus minus here and there in the quote~ :sport-smiley-018:

HeheZ Hope this helps~

:yamseng: ,

Mike