Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
restlessfeet

Commonwealth 3Rm Industrial Inspired Makeover

Hi restlessfeet

May I know how long is your cord? I thought of doing something like yours for the light I bought, but the cord is only 1m. not sure if it is possible to achieve a nice effect.

thanks.

Mine were 1.75m I think. You can do 1m but you couldn't get much of a loopy effect and not much of a drop. How much drop also depends on your ceiling height & if you are doing any false ceilings. I think if I had to redo mine, I'd go for 1.5m.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Mine were 1.75m I think. You can do 1m but you couldn't get much of a loopy effect and not much of a drop. How much drop also depends on your ceiling height & if you are doing any false ceilings. I think if I had to redo mine, I'd go for 1.5m.

I don't have false ceiling and my ceiling is only 2.4m. How high is your ceiling? I'm putting these as the first light of the living room rather than dining. Hopefully 1m works. :( should have ordered longer cords but didn't think of doing that till someone suggested + I see your drapping effect is nice.

I don't have false ceiling and my ceiling is only 2.4m. How high is your ceiling? I'm putting these as the first light of the living room rather than dining. Hopefully 1m works. :( should have ordered longer cords but didn't think of doing that till someone suggested + I see your drapping effect is nice.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of town. My ceilings are exactly 8ft so 2.43m, not very different from yours.

Edited by restlessfeet

I've decided to buy this sofa from Air but instead of grey, I decided to get a taupe colour.

I decided on this instead of the cream one from The Home Gallery. I loved the design of the one at the Home Gallery but I realized that with the back of the sofa being a little narrower than the front, 3 people can sit on the sofa at the same time but only 2 can lean back. :unsure:

This one is comfy and design is pretty basic but I like the legs and I'm also getting tired of looking for something that has the right comfort level and fits the small space I have.

20120928_191138.jpg

I've decided to buy this sofa from Air but instead of grey, I decided to get a taupe colour.

I decided on this instead of the cream one from The Home Gallery. I loved the design of the one at the Home Gallery but I realized that with the back of the sofa being a little narrower than the front, 3 people can sit on the sofa at the same time but only 2 can lean back. :unsure:

This one is comfy and design is pretty basic but I like the legs and I'm also getting tired of looking for something that has the right comfort level and fits the small space I have.

20120928_191138.jpg

nice! I bought another of their design, a bit like the one behind your pic, but the brown color. their tv console very nice but I can't afford. :(

Edited by originalbread

nice! I bought another of their design, a bit like the one behind your pic, but the brown color. their tv console very nice but I can't afford. :(

That's nice too! I really wanted something that had a high back so it was comfy to lean (or slouch) back into, I love the design of the mid century inspired sofas but not what I want in terms of comfort level.

Keep an eye out for their sales! I think prices are not too bad during sale period, there should be year end sales coming up soon.

Hi do you do hacking of all floor tiles and plastering for whole house ?

Can I have Alan's contact and your est quote cost ? Thanks !

Hi do you do hacking of all floor tiles and plastering for whole house ?

Can I have Alan's contact and your est quote cost ? Thanks !

hihi,

can pm me your contractor contact? thanks : )

PM'ed both of you. :)