Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
restlessfeet

Commonwealth 3Rm Industrial Inspired Makeover

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thank you casa! I only have renovation photos to share because I'm taking my time to furnish the place and mainly using really old furniture I already own. More photos coming up over the next few days! :)

Welcome 3roomer

Hope to c more of your reno pics :yamseng:

I created the space by hacking away the front bedroom (now my living area) and extending the back bedroom. If you are willing to sacrifice 1 bedroom, there is definitely enough space for a small WIW.

Thank you! I'm hoping it will stay the same way after I get furniture in. :unsure: Right now, all I have is an old sofa, dining set, cabinet, bed. New items are my kitchen cabinet & shoe cabinet.

Restlessfeet... Ur tile choices really make ur place looks spacious.... Love ur oversize lightbulb too...😍😍

Kitchen cabinets and my lights went up on the same day... I think Alan was scared I'll go overseas again so rushed to do both at the same time while I was around to supervise & make decisions. :) I chose white cabinets with stainless steel counter tops, no upper cabinets. I know this cuts down on my storage but right now, I don't need them. I figured that if I do want overhead kitchen cabinets in future, I could always get them done later. I don't think I will want to do a full stretch of overhead cabinets like it was done originally though, I like how open the kitchen looks without the overhead cabinets.

Kitchen lights & my cabinets going in!

20120525_124020.jpg

I love my kitchen lights! :wub: :wub: :wub: I found these online, they are vintage inspired glass kitchen funnels. Perfect for kitchens! :)

564866_10151153864204202_249511748_n.jpg

My dining area lights aka octopus light ... since I didn't have any furniture, I thought having lights that I could move around would give me more flexibility on where I placed my dining table or even if I bought a round table.

Dining room lights... taken before the lights got adjusted so still crooked

20120525_121908.jpg

A little better...

577099_10151136710289202_223061296_n.jpg

These are the lights I used in my bedroom.

I was originally planning to use this as a bedside light but soon realized I had not bought any furniture and so had no idea exactly where to position it. :dunno: In the end, I put it in the corner so it would be hanging next to my TV.

20120525_124001.jpg

I was inspired by this photo but couldn't figure out where to use it. Then I realized it would be an interesting way to light up that corridor in my bedroom.

26247610298543335_9JeT3JNY_f.jpg

The catch here is that those stupid pipes don't seem to be available in Singapore. At least I couldn't find anyone who was willing to cut & thread the pipes to the length that I wanted. In the end, I stopped by a Home Depot during a US work trip and ended up bringing them back from the US.

Trying out the positioning... lights have already gone up, I was using the same fabric covered wires that I used in my kitchen lights but in a silver than a grey. The fixtures have been covered in a red plastic bag. :P

20120530_142109.jpg

I originally used 5 wires (ie 5 lights) in that fixture, then I realized it was seriously overkill :no: .... sure looked pretty though.

20120708_162423.jpg

My stainless steel kitchen counter top all covered up. :)

551007_10151162165724202_489759154_n.jpg

I chose single matte stainless steel sink and tap to match my kitchen counter, size is reasonably large & deep for a single sink.

380336_10151184436479202_192838417_n.jpg

Floor trap was in the middle of the kitchen so I decided to do a concealed one. My only regret is that I didn't use this style of floor trap for my dry washroom as well... my bathroom is the standard plastic one, I thought it would be easier to clean all the dropped hair in the shower but don't know why it didn't occur to me that I wouldn't have that problem in the dry washroom :bangwall:

542089_10151184436299202_1019731549_n.jpg