Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
restlessfeet

Commonwealth 3Rm Industrial Inspired Makeover

Other than my kitchen cabinets, my shoe cabinet was the only piece of furniture I got that was built by Alan's carpenter. I tried hard to find something that would fit into the space I had and with a raw / industrial feel and after weeks of looking decided to give up and get something made.

I didn't want it to look built in so asked the carpenter to put it on feet. I also like the look of plywood and seeing the exposed layers so decided to use that for my shoe cabinet. The carpenter was pretty shocked and asked me several times if I was sure I wanted plywood. The door on the right side holds my router and taller boots.

603163_10151184437104202_2067834121_n.jpg

I was pretty happy with the exterior but had a shock when I saw the inside... I didn't expect he would use laminated boards, then again I forgot to tell him I wanted plywood for everything because we were both so focused on the outside. :bangwall: In any case, this cabinet was definitely very different from what he's done in the past so I would say he did a pretty good job overall. :thumbs up: For my first effort at a self designed piece of furniture and communicating the design to the carpenter with my bad Mandarin, I'm pretty happy with it.

If there was anything I would change about this, I would have made all the inside plywood and used normal doors instead of sliding doors. I might end up getting the vents on the right side made bigger since I find there's not enough ventilation for my router.

Since I had to fit the cabinet under the window, I wouldn't have much space so I made zig zag shelves and a sliding partition to increase my storage. In the end, this cabinet takes about 38 pairs of shoes (one section can fit 1 pair instead of 1 shoe as the photos) which is pretty good.

543257_10151184436939202_2002768822_n.jpg

181475_10151184437179202_1961597042_n.jpg

196065_10151184437334202_1004224765_n.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This is my poor living room light, the vintage Artimede Tolomeo ceiling lamp I bought from Lorgans... I think the wire got pulled out when I moved it, now I need to find an electrician to troubleshoot it for me.

The sofa in the photo is an old one that was bought for the use of tenants and will get tossed as soon as I can find something I like.

20120811_164258.jpg

Last post for now since all my renovation is done and I'm still looking for furniture (any furniture in my photos are old items that were used by tenants). I'd rather wait and save my money, look for something I really love than buy immediately just to fill the apartment.

My bedroom lights turned out really well. I love how this light reflects off the walls... so pretty! :D :D

20120810_214033.jpg

This is how the lights in the bedroom entryway looked when they are switched on. Other people have feature walls in their living rooms, I have a "feature" light in my bedroom. :P I love how it looks though, really ties into the industrial but finished/polished look I want.

482007_10151252065499202_1198727245_n.jpg

All together now.... looks really nice against those vents in the wall.

20120810_214013.jpg

Ok, I know I said no more pics but I might end up getting this sofa... really like it very much. It's on walnut coloured legs, very comfy! I don't want to jump into anything but this is a definite maybe!

20120819_170325.jpg

My living room light got re-positioned and fixed this afternoon! :wub: :wub: :wub: Thumbs up to the electrician who was recommended by Lorgans, he was very patient to get the light sorted out & working beautifully! :thumbs up:

So pleased with it :wub:

20120822_164725.jpg

Hi restlessfeet,

I like your stainless steel kitchen top and bare walls.

Could you PM me your contractor and who is the contractor doing yoour stainless steel kitchen cabinet & price?

Thanks

Hi restlessfeet, mind sharing where did you find the nice and comfy sofa? Looks elegant. You can also PM me the contact. It is fabric type right? Wonder how to maintain.

I am currently looking for sofa or recliner chair. Many thanks for your advice in advance. Thanks! ;)

My bidet toilet seat seemed to get a lot of interest so posting this for those who asked. It's a manual one with knobs on the side for adjustment.

Bidet.jpg

I bought this toilet roll holder that hooks onto the side of the toilet tank to keep spare rolls handy. :P

20120817_205616.jpg

Hi, may I know where did you buy the toilet roll holder?? Thanks!!