Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Suyun

Exodus - My Cloud Is Moving To The East

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wow that is very systematic, Minerat & jumbopanther. I wish i had known that whilst sourcing for IDs for my terrace. It was really difficult to compare apples to apples with regards to all the quotations. In the end i went with the ID that had the most chemistry with us.

Good luck with the quotation, Suyun!

Girls are sensory creatures.

Btw that is only the first step. When the first ID returned with a quotation, it will include all the technical jargons and measurements. Eg " Design and fabricate a 7ft by 7ft TV console feature wall with PVC internal carcass and laminate finish ". I will then update my ppt with these specific descriptions and measurements.

Subsequently, when the other id or contractors quote based on the revised ppt, they will all have the same line items and measurements. So viola, comparisons have never been easier.

Waterproofing and roof tiles, pest control and paint quote

Today I met up with the supervisor from 'U...' waterproofing company and he told me that my roof is still in relatively good condition. I need not replace any tiles but just do the external waterproofing. He mention a lot of technical terms which I had problem understanding. Now I need to scan a copy of the roof strict ion and building floor plan for him to quote me.

I met up with someone from a reputable pest control company 'R " on Tuesday at 12noon. He is very efficient, email me a quotation in afternoon. On Wednesday he wanted me to confirm the contract immedicately and start the job. I just could not confirm the job without reading thru the 10pages of email attachments :furious: , since then he called and SMS to push me for an answer. He just have to wait till I get all my facts and figures together first. The price is $2850 ground treatment without roof $3500 with roof treatment before gst.is that expensive ?

Besides this 'R' company does anyone have any good reputable company to recommend?

First thing is the confirm my main contractor and remove all the old build in furnitures before I can do the termites treatment.

Got a quote from a professional painter who quoted me $18,550 to paint the whole house external and internal, including doors and staircase, and scaffolding. One coat of sealant and two coats of paints on internal and external, walls etc. is it expensive...??? Anyone can advise me??? :dunno:

fellows forumers , your input is greatly appreciated . thanks :D

With regards to pest control, i am most probably going with "R" as well - they were really efficient and was quite impressed with that 10 page detailed description as well as the 5 year warranty. I also wanted to have that peace of mind dealing with a more reputable company. My quote is similar to yours - did you get the credit card discount? :thumbs up:

I did my pest control with R. Paid 3k after the HSBC discount, and that's for ground treatment only. But their worker is pretty good and efficient.

For roof, really depends on the condition of your tiles. For my case, I observed that none of my neighbours had changed their tiles, hence I decided that they must still be good. Waterproofing the joints should do the trick.

Painting price is about there, as they need to erect scaffolding, which costs a bomb. But be careful to ask the type of paint they are supplying. Lousy paint is very prone to mould and algae.

My ground and roof truss anti termite treatment costs are way below yr quotes. Will find the contact and pm you in a little while if you are interested.

Yes pls PM me. Need to know the options available. Thanks Jumbopanther! :D

Hi Suyun, I have pm u already, call them for a quote and compare price.

My ground and roof truss were done by them. You can check out the photo from my t blog: The tansformation. I had just posted some photos of what they had done previously in my Hse.

Jumbopanther I recd your PM. I am following your t blog. Many thanks. :yamseng:

Electricial and Aircon Works. ......

tomorrow I am meeting with the electrician cum aircon guy for a viewings and assessment. I engage him for a small job previously so I am giving his company a chance to quote me the electrical works, aircon chemical wash for some of the units, and change some of the airconditioner units as well.

I have invited two companies to quote for this and the other one will come next Tuesday.

some background on the aircon units there are TEN aircon in this house!!!!!! :jawdrop:

Three units on level one - the hall and dining area,in playroom

Four on level two - two bedrooms, study room and family area

Three on level three - two bedroom and family area

Different brands and age too, I have sharp, Panasonic, samsung.....

Very costly to change all at one go, the ones in hall and dinning areas, master bedroom and bedroom two will have to be changed. It will be costly.

:unsure:

Curious. Why hall and dining aircons must be changed? I reckoned these will be one of the least used aircons in your house.