Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
norawaggyman

Like Finally, We'll Have A House To Say "its Our Crib!" 😊

Hey all..... Hope all is doing well so far. ☺

Been submitting application for BTO for 6th times since 2003. Not once was accepted. So sad & devastating!😓

And like finally, we got successfully accepted and invited to purchase a unit after the 7th try.

Yay!!!! So...yesterday, we did the official purchase. Blk 455 @ Dew Spring (Yishun) will be my future crib.

Anyone here staying at Dew Spring estate???

Xoxo: Nora

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey all..... Hope all is doing well so far. 😊

Been submitting application for BTO for 6th times since 2003. Not once was accepted. So sad & devastating!😓

And like finally, we got successfully accepted and invited to purchase a unit after the 7th try.

Yay!! So...yesterday, we did the official purchase. Blk 455 @ Dew Spring (Yishun) will be my future crib.

Anyone here staying at Dew Spring estate???

Xoxo: Nora

Hi all. Thanks for the welcome. We are expecting or keys soon. Cant wait lah! Hahah...

Current headache would be;

1) looking for IDs & Contractors & quotations to compare.

2) looking for furnitures

3) figuring what decor concept work best

Can i just ask for advises,

1) is it ok to hack half of the kitchen wall to have an open concept ? Asked the CSO at HDB when we were last down to select and pay for the apartment, she said cannot. But have been seeing some awesome decor concepts with open concept or @ least half d kitchen wall down.

2) What is a PE? Other than physical exercises (PE, like in skools), u dunno what this PE related to hacking walls means. Hehehe

3) Can we build decor such as wall feature or simple shoe racking to COVER bomb shelter? This bomb shelter uh so ugly and annoying one. Taking up space only. Seriously if we kena bombed also, may not have the time to wake up frm bedroom to run into the shelter. Sigh..

Can share-share points please... Thank you. 😊

hi, welcome.

im from dew spring as well. :D

yes, u can hack and cover up the bomb shelter.

PE is a engineer who will assess if the wall u proposed is safe to hack anot.

not all walls requires PE assessment.

half wall usually is fine.

i did a tblog, u can take a look.. :)

Hi all. Thanks for the welcome. We are expecting or keys soon. Cant wait lah! Hahah...

Current headache would be;

1) looking for IDs & Contractors & quotations to compare.

2) looking for furnitures

3) figuring what decor concept work best

Can i just ask for advises,

1) is it ok to hack half of the kitchen wall to have an open concept ? Asked the CSO at HDB when we were last down to select and pay for the apartment, she said cannot. But have been seeing some awesome decor concepts with open concept or @ least half d kitchen wall down.

2) What is a PE? Other than physical exercises (PE, like in skools), u dunno what this PE related to hacking walls means. Hehehe

3) Can we build decor such as wall feature or simple shoe racking to COVER bomb shelter? This bomb shelter uh so ugly and annoying one. Taking up space only. Seriously if we kena bombed also, may not have the time to wake up frm bedroom to run into the shelter. Sigh..

Can share-share points please... Thank you. 😊

Hello! I'm juz gonna start my reno too, according to my ID some flats hdb allow hack half walls but some they dun allow.. Like for my case, they submit permit application for hack half wall it's rejected. Then retry again hack all the way down then rebuild half wall back up then approve le.. Ya PE stands for dunno wat engineer, if need their endorsement for wall hacking need to pay $500 -_-" n I think u cn build feature wall to hide the bomb shelter door, but I think depends on where's your bomb shelter.. Mine is along the corridor leading to the bedrooms so I feel it'll make the corridor too narrow if I build anything there.. So I decided to juz leave it then mayb I'll do a painting or something on the door to decorate it :)

Pe is a professional engineer who calculate loads on a bldg and also they can submit drawings n apply permit. They are held responsible in the event of any structural failure. Huge responsibility for this profession. Huge responsibilities comes with a price, so do expect a fee.

By right , there should not be any obstruction to the bomb shelter entrance... I believe theres a handout on bomb shelter given to new home owners regarding the use of bomb shelters. By left, u can still cover up but at your own risk. Theres another easier way, use wall paper. U can camouflage easily the entrance with some wallpapers without infringing the rules or compromising space.

Example will be like, use red bricks or wooden planks designed wall paper to make ur shelter looks like a cottage or barn. There are many designs in the market now, shouldnt be too difficult to find one u like unless u dont like wall paper.

Wah piangz, figuring out how on earth am i going to upload pictures.. Sigh.

Same problem ..go sticky thread and do testing.I took abt 30 mins ... cheers :sport-smiley-004:

Congrats on your Crib and good luck for reno.. :yamseng: