Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
originalbread

Originalbread's Humble Abode

Hi originalbread, perhaps you could check out Ikea or franc franc (Vivocity level 2). Some of Ikea's tables are extendable. So when not in use, can make smaller. Franc Franc is a brand from japan... price quite reasonable and designs are nice... sizewise... they are much smaller as compared to european brands. However, I read from someone's blog that the table's quality not very good. But no harm taking a look.

Is the dining just confined to the right hand side?

Just realise that I never did post my floor plan. Here is the original layout.

553922_10150946167888285_1312098571_n.jpg

I've made some changes like making the bedroom doors face each other rather than the living room, make a storeroom in between the bedrooms and also knock through the bedroom for access to bathroom.

Realised that my old table is too big for the dining area (on the right side on the plan just outside the kitchen.) Got to find something within 1 meter in width.

252357_10151169969643285_1836642517_n.jpg

Would a round table or square or rectangle table works better here? There is a dining light on top (see wire dangling from top). Any advise?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

if he recommend veneer, then you try veneer. but all doors, extended period of sun exposure also will change colour, ie colour will fade off. As for pop up, i think the glue become too dry then pop up loh.

Then you can try veneer lah..... anyway i think veneer is cheaper than laminated door.

what water marks are those? means upstairs have water leaking?

Yes, the water marks should mean that water is leaking from upstairs. :(

Hi Bread, over in the maisonette owners thread, there was a discussion re: doors and Piggicia shared some photos. Thought you may be interested to see:

The newer door does show some wear and tear too (fading).

Were also discussing that HDB would install roller blinds FOC at corridors where rain would splash in and badly affected the door. FYI and if your door gets splashed by rain quite badly, could be something to consider. Maintenance of the roller blinds is the owner's responsibility, and not HDB's after installation. Piggicia installed acrylic on her gate to block some of the rain.

Thread: http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4853&st=4520

Thanks Adidaem for referring me to the thread. This is very helpful. I think I need the acrylic too. Will check out this roller blind installation too. Didn't know HDB will install. Some contractors told me can "illegally" install a panel to block the rain, but if neighbour complain, I will have to dismantle. I happen to have a problematic neighbour, on top of the problematic house. :furious:

Hi originalbread, perhaps you could check out Ikea or franc franc (Vivocity level 2). Some of Ikea's tables are extendable. So when not in use, can make smaller. Franc Franc is a brand from japan... price quite reasonable and designs are nice... sizewise... they are much smaller as compared to european brands. However, I read from someone's blog that the table's quality not very good. But no harm taking a look.

Is the dining just confined to the right hand side?

Thanks Kenjo for the suggestions, I went to see Ikea's dining tables, some how, they seem to look better on pictures than the actual ones, especially for those that are white. Will pop by Franc Franc again, their designs seem nice, esp the chairs, but the chairs quite ex.

yes, the dining area is confined to the right side. the left side is my altar. I like round tables, but worried may not be suitable for tight places. :unsure:

Thanks Kenjo for the suggestions, I went to see Ikea's dining tables, some how, they seem to look better on pictures than the actual ones, especially for those that are white. Will pop by Franc Franc again, their designs seem nice, esp the chairs, but the chairs quite ex.

yes, the dining area is confined to the right side. the left side is my altar. I like round tables, but worried may not be suitable for tight places. :unsure:

Can try Comfort Furniture. They supply to cafes and I recall that they are one of the few stores that have have a good selection of round tables. Some examples online:

http://www.comfortfurniture.com.sg/category/products/tables/dining-tables/

Oh yes, comfort is one. U can try Ghee Hong somewhere inside the same industrial estate too. Hope u find something u will like!

Can try Comfort Furniture. They supply to cafes and I recall that they are one of the few stores that have have a good selection of round tables. Some examples online:

252372_10151173968053285_839182116_n.jpg

Here's a more accurate pic of my dining area (left image). Happened to come across atomi's pic (right image), where the layout looked pretty much like my place. Perhaps a rectangle table will really work better for this space. Oh, Atomi has such nice dining table and chairs.

If I were u, I might get those old kopitiam marble top round table.. =p shd be able to fit into that space and perhaps sit like 4?

Oh I like the kopitiam style marble table too. But the dining lamp I chose will not match with this style.

oh yes, they have some that look quite nice. will go down during the weekend to take a look. :sport-smiley-004:

I think franc franc has something like that.

252372_10151173968053285_839182116_n.jpg

Here's a more accurate pic of my dining area (left image). Happened to come across atomi's pic (right image), where the layout looked pretty much like my place. Perhaps a rectangle table will really work better for this space. Oh, Atomi has such nice dining table and chairs.

Its hard to find a rectangle table that is within 1m. At Francfranc, I only found these 2 tables within the size that I might consider, but in natural wood color.

this looks petite.

45364_10151176585658285_1575161838_n.jpg

unique shape:

252295_10151176585588285_71583572_n.jpg

I will need to push one edge against the wall for both of these tables. though the second one is larger, effectively, it still will only be able to sit 3 persons. (but if really need, I can still pull out the tables to accomodate 4.

Some how, the special shape of the second table reminded me of Atomi's leaf table:

75256_436840886363730_121452073_n.jpg

Have not visited Atomi before but I could guess that it will be way out of my budget.

OB-dining.jpg

did this mood board some time ago. for round tables, tulip tables are still my favourite, just the concern whether it will fit well here. as for these chairs, they looked better than they sit, at least, that's how I felt for the relicas...

went to Comfort today too. saw this round table at Comfort but in darker wood.

Index-T-Rd700-a-320x480.jpg

I think this has the cafe feel.

the rectangle version, but its too big for my space. need to check again if this could be customised to a smaller size.

Index-T-640x426.jpg

:dunno: still not sure what I should get. Any suggestions?