Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Andreja

Malacca Woodwork

:rofl:

Very picturesque description, I must say..... :D

I went to the Fair as well today and saw Mrs Patricia and her husband there..... I was really glad to see them again.

your cabinet will be a hit if it was display there

Edited by rayfox

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

your cabinet will be a hit if it was display there

:bow: Many thanks!

hey rayfox, which fair did you go to? will be great if i pop over this wkend :)

You should read some of the posts above - Next week is The Fair @ Hilton hotel 13.-14.09.2012. ((13.09. (Thu) -> 10am-7pm; 14.09. (Fri) -> 10am-5pm)), admission free!.

So, it was only yesterday and today.

They do delivery to Singapore or does it require additional charge?

Thanks.

As per my experience, given total cost include the delivery at your home. Only, if you are in some higher floor and need to use the lift, then be aware of lift dimensions - meaning, if ordered piece of furniture can enter into the lift (vertical or horizontal). Otherwise, assume that delivery must be by hand up to stairs, so there maybe they will charge you extra......I'm not sure b'cos that wasn't happened to me, you must check it with Ms Patricia those details.

But, if furniture can be delivered by lift to your place, then you should not worry about any extra charge. Like I've mentioned somewhere above in one of my posts - first quoted price was the same like I've paid at the end, so no any hidden cost or extra charges upon delivery.

Already few times at Renotalk I've mentioned my custom made round bookshelves and finally here they are;

This is original pic which I saw at internet

bookcaseelipse.jpg

and this is what I've got after ordering it custom made:

dsc06217resizecopy.jpg

Already 2-3 ago I saw that round bookshelves at internet and since then trying to find someone who can custom made them for me. I've asked at many shops around, but the price of $ 5,000 was really tooooo much - and (what is the best!) no one cannot guaranteed me that the shape will be exactly round like on pic cause they should place order in China and many times happened that delivered items are not quite what was ordered.....so I should pay 5k something which will not look like it should be and I need to be OK with that.... :bangwall:

Well, from time to time at some hotels here in S'pore there are organized some fairs and bazaars ( http://www.facebook.com/fairsandbazaars?ref=stream ). The vendors are usually with clothes, jewelry, deco items, but at one @ Hilton hotel that Malacca Woodwork were there. So, that fairs are NOT furniture fairs, but they were there anyway. Their displayed small furniture items were very nice, especially small wooden bowls made of few wooden pieces. They are married couple with small family business; the man is in workshop and woman care about orders and all other stuff with customers.

I've showed them that photo of bookshelves and first what I've asked was if they can made it exactly like it is at the photo - with no "it's so complicated, I'm not sure, maybe" or whatever else I've heard in some other shops before, the man said "yes, no problem at all"..... :yeah: :yeah:

Second question was about the price and I expected that will be similar like I've received until then, but the lady quoted me less then the half of the best price which I was offered before :D .

The lady took the measurements, draw how that shelves should looks like, I've paid 30% of the price in advance on the spot and promised delivery time was 8 weeks. After I was a little bit worried 'cos I never saw them and never heard about them before, and they are in Malaysia so what if something will go wrong with items delivery or whatever, how I will get my money back.....but, my worries were really unnecessary. People are really very nice, polite, trustworthy and I was surprised about their customer care and communication thru emails with me. Happened that shelves were finished a week before delivery time, which was nice surprise as well :D . They delivered it at exactly agreed time, I didn't wait for them whole day despite that they are coming from Malaysia and must go thru customs. When I saw the shelves first time, I was smiling from ear to ear how I was happy about their look :dancingqueen: . Workmanship is excellent, finish as well, everything is much more than I expected that will be. And, it is made of "indonesian rosewood".

So, I personally have really good experience with Malacca Woodwork ( http://www.malaccawoodwork.com/, and http://www.facebook.com/MalaccaWoodwork?ref=stream ) and I can really recommend them to anyone.

Next week is The Fair @ Hilton hotel 13.-14.09.2012. (more info at FB site which I mentioned above about fairs) and they will be there. So, if someone would like to see what they can offer, as well as maybe to place some orders, it will be chance to spare trip to Malacca and see it at that Fair. Due to lack of space at Fair they cannot display many items, but anyway enough that someone can see their workmanship.

Very Nice :good: can PM me the price?