Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BlurryKid

3-Rm In Geylang Bahru

BK,

If I were the buyer of this flat, then I keep the marble. The old broken-marble seems to have a certain charm to it.

But conceptually other pieces of the interior decoration will have to work around the marble; as Speed put it aptly, to match the furnishing around the flooring. So, the marble becomes the feature of the house.

It does not seem difficult; I thought that the walls where the marble on should be white, and the carpentry around predominately white (or shades of white) as well to bring in more natural lighting and to create a clean look that does not clash with the marble's grains. And so is the artificial lighting.

Depending on how the Living Room is partitioned from the Kitchen, more adventurous colors can be introduced to the Kitchen.

For reference, see the photos of a decoration where the marble is replaced.

47dc29d3.jpg

0039e72e.jpg

I don't know about you, but I thought that the Living Room looks more interesting with the marble, even before it is rejuvenated.

Cheers!

One problem with not changing the flooring is I am hacking the kitchen wall and bringing the wall back by 1metre. If I use different flooring for that 1m then it will look quite odd and not blend in with living area?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

What i think is not important because im not the one staying there n i dont have to live with it, u are... I can tell u until the cows come home about how the marble floor will suit ur theme but the most important is can u accept that current floor to suit ur liking n ur hubby's ?

Actually u can ask urself this question, do u match the flooring to ur furnishings or ur furnishings to the flooring ? There is a difference...

If budget is a concern, then use that 4k savings to convince u n ur hubby to accept that flooring...

Ok, I have 1mth to convince me and my hb..lol. But same qn here. If I hack the kitchen wall then push back by 1metre? What do you think I can do to fill the 1metre flooring if I want to keep my original broken marble?

i guess u r going to have another headache again... Beside filling back with broken marble i think nothing else will fit perfect. Finding back the same broken marble may not be an easy task especially matching the colour n pattern... Have u asked ur contractor for advice on this matter ?

Are u going to create a partitioned wall for ur storage area in the hall ? Can consider changing the vertical layout of the rack to horizontal , same like the one in ur store room...

One problem with not changing the flooring is I am hacking the kitchen wall and bringing the wall back by 1metre. If I use different flooring for that 1m then it will look quite odd and not blend in with living area?

Hi! I had the same problem, was also debating whether to change my 3NG flooring due to my low budget. My advice to you, change if you are thinking twice, I changed and no regrets. If you already have a theme in your mind, the old flooring will be a challenge, or leave the job to your ID.

I pulled back my kitchen as well.

439de4c8.jpg

Edited by Silversurf1980

Well, if so then change ba...

Cheers!

Hi! I had the same problem, was also debating whether to change my 3NG flooring due to my low budget. My advice to you, change if you are thinking twice, I changed and no regrets. If you already have a theme in your mind, the old flooring will be a challenge, or leave the job to your ID.

439de4c8.jpg

Very good! The linings, color, lighting, furnishings all work well together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLbaRoh9wR8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Enjoy!

Hi !

May I know how much u spent for ur whole reno?

Ur house looks so gorgeous :)

Thks!

June

439de4c8.jpg

439de4c8.jpg

I like ur layout :) looks more spacious but i going to erect a kitchen wall back so effect wont be so good as ur open concept kitchen.

By the way thats the color combination i looking at! Black n white kitchen cabinets and also for my living tv console

Edited by BlurryKid

i guess u r going to have another headache again... Beside filling back with broken marble i think nothing else will fit perfect. Finding back the same broken marble may not be an easy task especially matching the colour n pattern... Have u asked ur contractor for advice on this matter ?

Are u going to create a partitioned wall for ur storage area in the hall ? Can consider changing the vertical layout of the rack to horizontal , same like the one in ur store room...

Yuppies going to erect back a wall. Hb was saying difficult to match hence he wanted to change flooring also but i guess homogeneous also quite nice and clean look bah :)

I like ur layout :) looks more spacious but i going to erect a kitchen wall back so effect wont be so good as ur open concept kitchen.

By the way thats the color combination i looking at! Black n white kitchen cabinets and also for my living tv console

I think as long as you pull back the kitchen, the living room will look long and spacious.

Careful: black top not easy to maintain, very dusty.. especially black tempered glass like my tv console & dining table =D

I think as long as you pull back the kitchen, the living room will look long and spacious.

Careful: black top not easy to maintain, very dusty.. especially black tempered glass like my tv console & dining table =D

My living wont be so spacious as i am going to do up another storeroom base on my floorplan on the 1st post. Btw ur kitchen top is granite or solid surface? :)

My living wont be so spacious as i am going to do up another storeroom base on my floorplan on the 1st post. Btw ur kitchen top is granite or solid surface? :)

Oops... I see, 2 storeroom? or 1 converting to WIW? mine is granite... easier to maintain and can withstand high temp

Oops... I see, 2 storeroom? or 1 converting to WIW? mine is granite... easier to maintain and can withstand high temp

I having 2 storerooms. Ya agree granite is gd but more costly. I will be going for solid surface top instead :)