Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
c_stradale

5 Room Point Block Makeover

Definitely allowed. I know someone who submitted plans to HDB n approved. Lots of people have done it. Contractor lazy lar. More work so not all contractors want to do it.

Hmm.. i Was at Hoe Kee and 2 of their sale staffs told me HDB will not allow... and that those who do it... are not legal one...

So who is right?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Get your contractor to submit the dawing and new pipe layout to hdb for approval,thats the best.

There are really a lot of pple doing it and for my case,my hdb technical officer was present for this concealed wall erecting process so ....and just my opinion,not everything needs hdb approval one...

Hoe kee? I have never a good impression of them. Went to the the genting lane branch and the prc sales lady have got no knowledge on what she is selling,give a f up face. Went to imm branch some time later and also same thing..just that i already know what i want and i just went straight into details.

If you dun intend to spend too much on the wall hung toilet bowl like the duravit one,go universal union and ask for emily to see the maclaire toilet bowl.($280 if i remember correctly) and the geberit flushing system probably you can pop by to econflo or universal also have,a bit higher priced though.

Alternatively,go econflo and get the one set system by duravit..i cant remember the series offhand..lemme find the pics and update u

Edited by c_stradale

Ok my bad...its by Geberit.. Called Geberit Monolith

10fd801d11d0d1c57df07c867317be82.jpg

8330850d79e9dad6666b5ec5ba311140.jpg

Initially wanted to use this but due to my piping issue i cant so went the troublesome way of concealed.

Check it out. Priced about 1k thereabout. Sightly cheaper than concealed since you dun erect an additional wall.

Ok my bad...its by Geberit.. Called Geberit Monolith

Initially wanted to use this but due to my piping issue i cant so went the troublesome way of concealed.

Check it out. Priced about 1k thereabout. Sightly cheaper than concealed since you dun erect an additional wall.

Swee! Too bad I didn't see this when I was doing reno.

Swee right? We were so into this until the sales person at econflo went into details on the piping blah blah blah and we went...forget it. I dun wanna spend money twice! But this one maintanance is sooooo much easier.

Pm replied!

Yes the exec apt that was sold for a million...we saw it and literally stayed in there for like just...5mins? Ok its a renovated unit its hugeeeee its got 4bedder but...the view totally turned us off. From the living hall its like saying hi and bye to your neighbour opposite everyday loh.. No like for this.

The em above u sold for 110k cov is wayyyy better deal than that ea in my opinion.

Nowadays in queenstown estate cov over a hundred thousand seems normal...my block,there is this unit sold for 135k ...and its on a low floor. Thank goodness i am on the top few level..though my cov was also a six fig thing. Now my unit seems cheaper! Haha ok this is self consoling.

Hey was the view of the $1 mil unit like this? Directly facing Blk 184?

4f71f227866433_1_V550.jpg

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/hdb-for-sale-149-mei-ling-street-3498641

If yes, indeed not something I'll pay a high price for...

Btw the upstairs neighbour moved in liao.

I think its closer than this but i may be wrong coz of photo effect.. But its definitely too close for comfort..to me lah and yes i will nbr pay for this view loh...

Edited by c_stradale

I think its closer than this but i may be wrong coz of photo effect.. But its definitely too close for comfort..to me lah and yes i will nbr pay for this view loh...

Yeah. Only a few units in Blk 148 and about 50% (?) of Blk 150 have unblocked views... Guess I'll wait for another neighbour to break record lor.

How's the reno going?

Reno getting delayed here and there as usual. Workers are....$@&,??-(;(%#*€ !

Carpentry are going up now and wrong measurements here and there..nothing surprising.

Example....

b62292b80768f376e5a48f8652bb760b.jpg

Notice anything wrong with it? I see liao straight ask the worker...where to install my tap? Than came the best and most classic answer..."boss never instruct..i dunno"

Cool right?! Haha

The kitchen and bathrooms carpentry skeleton are up aleady but quite a number of modification need to be done...

9db5ae8ba87a3cc7a97b9f9bbe6b704f.jpg

Stove and sink area on this L shaped

38d9ae747fffe537fd8ce96e8d54efd0.jpg

Tall unit as my storage with DB box hidden inside

69751c8b06ef939450cb1435cf2e562c.jpg

Wider view

Living rm with cove light on wall

9ca50efcd8fbd407b2968c47f17bc1ac.jpg

41dba0fb39a84da0c27c02a8430011c1.jpg

Ceiling cove light and haiku fan up as well

ebfe76c09a077c9ee67d40322c90ddbf.jpg

The led tubes are freaking bright loh....i switched on one side(opposite facing direction) and my whole living cum dining area is so lit up!

Led tubes are the way to go man.....

Edited by c_stradale

Living rm with cove light on wall

9ca50efcd8fbd407b2968c47f17bc1ac.jpg

41dba0fb39a84da0c27c02a8430011c1.jpg

Ceiling cove light and haiku fan up as well

ebfe76c09a077c9ee67d40322c90ddbf.jpg

The led tubes are freaking bright loh....i switched on one side(opposite facing direction) and my whole living cum dining area is so lit up!

Led tubes are the way to go man.....

hi, are these T5 LED tube? warm white or cool white?

Where do you buy from? Thanks.

Edited by momiji

Ya these are the led tubes..not t5. Go to New Tai Wah at veerasamy rd for it if you want.. $48 per pc(4ft length) phillips brand direct drive. There are cheaper taiwan/china brand available but not sure bout the price..lprob looking at abt 30plus.

For those pple interested in going LEDs, do understand that its a long term investment since you paid much more upfront and save via monthly bills so don't expect to have like a 70% cut on your bills...it sounds too good to be true this way.

Also,you are indirectly contributing to the world ..by going green..so if you expect instant savings than leds are not for you.

I have leds in my entire house except for 2 locations...my entrance and kitchen. I bought some led downlights for this 2 locations but somehow it just dun justify...not bright enough and entrance being wayyyy too bright. My led downlight for entrance needs to be a 6 incher at least due to fs and the ratings for the led will be 12-15w...i get myself a normal plc and at 13w i see practicality here. For kitchen,in order to be bright enough,i need like 4-5 15w led downlight...i am having 3x 18w and its bright enough...the small differnce between led and plc ...i dun see it justify for leds to be in there.

Other than that,my living room cove lighting is working on 6leds on both side when i switch on,12tubes on full 4sides. Having 16wx4(4ft) and 9wx2(3ft) for opposite facing direction is way bright enough for the living and beats having the conventional fluroscent at 36wx4 and 28wx2 when i switch on...this is justifiable for leds.

Seen quite a few debates in different forums if led can justify anot... After my experience with leds, the tube version is bright enough for daily chores/living but as for downlights(like halogen type),it will only be good for ambience and/or lighting to focus on say ..a painting or photo..its way too dim to light up say..living room.

Do check out places with fitted leds and experience it for yourself if led suits your lifestyle. What you like may not be what is practical and also,it may not save you money.

Just my 0.00002 cents ....i am not any professinal or expert in this field but since my house now is like 90% led-ed,i thought i might wnt to share something.