Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
c_stradale

5 Room Point Block Makeover

ok...5 years ago,i joined renotalk forum after getting my 3 roomer at holland. 5 years later,growing family so need bigger space. Saw a couple of 5 roomers mainly in Queenstown estate but none caught our eyes.Some we loved it but due to FS issue,we have to forgo it. So few months back,saw a low-mid floor unit at Holland and our offer was outbidded without our knowledge...and well,guess its fate,another high floor one came along,we got it but of course at a premium cov...

anyway,its gonna be a complete tear down reno thing and am planning to do it over a 2 months period.

Here goes the floorplan ;

image-1.png

And of course,a few original photos;

IMG_1310.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

No IDs for us and will only be using contractor with our own design.

Guys i will be most willing to share whatever we can but please don't ask me for my quotation cost for benchmark...not being arrogant but well...down the road you guys will see why.

Edited by c_stradale

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, thanks for dropping by. Nothing much done this weekend other than shopping for all the fittings and furnishings.

Over the last one month, purchased some stuffs..

Duravit starck 3 toilet bowl for both common and mbr toilet

1eb668a16611a2210de0b2685f939888.jpg

Geberit concealed flushing system for both common and mbr toilet(something similiar)

65b7c6e923ab13075069e03d940ff1a2.jpg

Duravit starck series undermount sink for both common and mbr toilet

93d3d4392815c21ea90998c7bae29ac2.jpg

But the best part is? We have even yet to decide on the final design and colour scheme for it!

Initially wanted an all black them for the mbr toilet but fs master said no black in this entire house due to orientation...great..all my plan down the drain! So, now we are still walking around hafary and still deciding.

Not forgetting the fittings...

Kohler july series taps,mixer and shower set for common bathroom

329b75d5c7a1c6fdbac51faf6b2af8bb.jpg

Hans grohe E120 shower set for the mbr bathroom...no rain shower as we are not a big fan of it...

bd3884b1fcb775aae88dda20be764eb0.jpg

For kitchen, gotten the Rinnai RB2CG hob at parisilk at a price which so far...no one can match even from forum.

223b179efaf69aa76226d2b520b64bc7.jpg

For my hood,convection oven,combi oven, they are all from Brandt

87f9654762e604dc741303900c162e9c.jpg

d91143b1e1a451a3c72413e25f309812.jpg

Got this older models at a pretty good price as well.

Update soon

You can consider a typical 'hotel' beige scheme for the toilet. Easier to maintain and can be fairly classic and classy so long as you do it well.

I like the Holland area. It is the older point blocks near Holland V?

Well, we are having the resort beige theme for the common and thinking of dark grey for the mbr but of course need to double confirm with fs master on the colour scheme again. But beige does look classy.

Yes you are right...i almost got the em unit above you previously ...remember i actually pm-ed you on how your area feel? Haha

Anyway i still love the size of the em and the potential of reno but due to some advice,we have to forgo it...anyway,our offer was outbidded as well so i say fate loh..

Actually holland v is still one of our top choice given the location and neighbourhood.

You can consider a typical 'hotel' beige scheme for the toilet. Easier to maintain and can be fairly classic and classy so long as you do it well.

I like the Holland area. It is the older point blocks near Holland V?

Well, we are having the resort beige theme for the common and thinking of dark grey for the mbr but of course need to double confirm with fs master on the colour scheme again. But beige does look classy.

Yes you are right...i almost got the em unit above you previously ...remember i actually pm-ed you on how your area feel? Haha

Anyway i still love the size of the em and the potential of reno but due to some advice,we have to forgo it...anyway,our offer was outbidded as well so i say fate loh..

Actually holland v is still one of our top choice given the location and neighbourhood.

Yes, I remember which is why I popped by your T-blog. :)

Ya I like the Holland/Ghim Moh area too but no exec units and I hate the birds in the Ghim Moh area (noise plus poop).

Not sure if you know but In the end the COV offered was $110k for the EM unit which seems almost cheap given the current news abt the $1 million EA in Blk 149.

I am more into the marble beige look that I'm used to in hotels vs the resort beige look many RT-ers like. Anyway your bathroom fixtures seem nice, which is half the battle won.

I just dropped you a PM, if not convenient to answer then let me know lar.

Pm replied!

Yes the exec apt that was sold for a million...we saw it and literally stayed in there for like just...5mins? Ok its a renovated unit its hugeeeee its got 4bedder but...the view totally turned us off. From the living hall its like saying hi and bye to your neighbour opposite everyday loh.. No like for this.

The em above u sold for 110k cov is wayyyy better deal than that ea in my opinion.

Nowadays in queenstown estate cov over a hundred thousand seems normal...my block,there is this unit sold for 135k ...and its on a low floor. Thank goodness i am on the top few level..though my cov was also a six fig thing. Now my unit seems cheaper! Haha ok this is self consoling.

Yes, I remember which is why I popped by your T-blog. :)

Ya I like the Holland/Ghim Moh area too but no exec units and I hate the birds in the Ghim Moh area (noise plus poop).

Not sure if you know but In the end the COV offered was $110k for the EM unit which seems almost cheap given the current news abt the $1 million EA in Blk 149.

I am more into the marble beige look that I'm used to in hotels vs the resort beige look many RT-ers like. Anyway your bathroom fixtures seem nice, which is half the battle won.

I just dropped you a PM, if not convenient to answer then let me know lar.

Edited by c_stradale

I am being very excited since i made a deposit for my 4 haiku fans which i will pick it up in october! Its cool looking its sleek its got good ventilating effect and most importantly,it saves energy which goes easy on electrical bill.

cebf50468f50091bc2725d17f3e8e5c4.jpg

Its almost the first thing we bought literally....!

Now next, another thing that i am anticipating its arrival.... My 3.2m L shaped sofa.... Love its length..

9f34fe41f9bb37d5afe9fbab25ec1e87.jpg

Ok thats about all...

Tiles will be confirmed tomorrow and of course...final design as well.

Guys i will be most willing to share whatever we can but please don't ask me for my quotation cost for benchmark...not being arrogant but well...down the road you guys will see why.

Ok, looking at your purchases, I can see why. Should be an interesting project. I'll keep an eye on your progress. :)

Pm replied!

Yes the exec apt that was sold for a million...we saw it and literally stayed in there for like just...5mins? Ok its a renovated unit its hugeeeee its got 4bedder but...the view totally turned us off. From the living hall its like saying hi and bye to your neighbour opposite everyday loh.. No like for this.

The em above u sold for 110k cov is wayyyy better deal than that ea in my opinion.

Nowadays in queenstown estate cov over a hundred thousand seems normal...my block,there is this unit sold for 135k ...and its on a low floor. Thank goodness i am on the top few level..though my cov was also a six fig thing. Now my unit seems cheaper! Haha ok this is self consoling.

Oh, the view in that block is that bad? I have no idea. Yeah, I told my agent not to bother bringing me to units that faces other units. I saw the earlier EA in 148 that sold for $900k and was totally turned off although there were some rooms with ok views. And yeah, on hindsight the EM above does seem like a good deal compared to the EA in 149. I mean for the COV paid, they might as well renovate and get a brand new place rather than using other people's old stuff. I actually saw an ad of the EA a few months back with more photos but can't find it anymore.

Quite surprised that the COV has gone up so much. But I guess also cos the valuation has been stagnant?

Thanks for the PM. I know about the FS thing. But bopian I really wanted my place. Irrational lor. But luckily after that almost everyone who visited my place loves it, including us. :rolleyes:

Hey you know about the Space sale right? Are you a member? Are you using back any of your existing furniture? Curious how your place will be furnished.

And what theme are you going for? Any sketches or idea books to share?

Yeah heard about the Space sale..may take a look these couple of days but i try to use back some of my furnitures to save a little..i got some amateur hand sketch drawing for my contractor but its just some draft ...one thing for sure is i will not have any ceilig lights..i try! Haha looking to follow the 5rm unit in your blog which have got cove lights all around..this cove light go easier on eyes rather than having a light coming down direct..will try to put up some sketches soon.

Ok...eons since i last updated this thread...been extremely busy with work and of course the coordinating works for the contractor.

Several hiccups came up,some solved but need to live with some....one thing i cant stand about old houses are,walls and beams are curvier than marilyn monroe...what were the architect and workers of the 70s thinking?! Just because of a 10mm slanted wall,i need to put up a falso wall to flush it out..waste space waste money... And to compensate for the slated walls,my tiles are out of shape,one side smaller than the other end.

Another thing is,for forummers that are changing their floor tiles,please do highlight to your ID and/or contractors to tally the tile joint line as much as possible. For example,kitchen floor tiles linking to living room floor tiles...now i have a mrt map on my floor which....i really cant stand it!!

Anyway,major works like floor tiles are done,parquet in rooms halfway done,water pipes concealed already.

Next up will be concealed wires for my electrical points. Talk about this electrical point,first quote i gotten was...7.7k ! Almost fell of my chair when i saw the sms..wtf ?! Ok as according to this hero,i have 80 lighting point and he calculated based on every single point. Erm...i seriously dun look anything like a carrot loh ..so i called up one of my electricians whom i use for my client's house matter and got him to quote. Came up with a 3.8k lump sum for the same thing with 50% wires concealed.

Ok enough of words...some photos as per now

B556016C-6554-46B8-877D-95A76B25994C-3452-0000062F9C576084.jpg

Than pipings concealed.

8E3DE9F6-5B51-47D8-B345-DD8A9D15D149-3452-0000062FE6B6DE9F.jpg

EDB2CCB9-99C0-496F-B15D-19E66F8164B5-3452-0000062FC9852126.jpg

Edited by c_stradale