Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
c_stradale

5 Room Point Block Makeover

And finally...gotten some photos online and inspired by them so will be doing something similiar

Living room tv wall

7723CD25-89BB-4597-B34D-B6C5B95F627D-167-0000001839B91450.jpg

c12afbd499d4a0140cda401a8e253fc0.jpg

43ac0f2e8996c695ee4be66dc0751451.jpg

Mbr

BAEE9ED8-3203-48E6-B33A-20FBA0B7DE83-167-00000017FEC0E337.jpg

Of course this is just inspirational photos and am still trying to balance practicality and asthetic..hmm tough choice

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Not forgetting the fittings...

Kohler july series taps,mixer and shower set for common bathroom

329b75d5c7a1c6fdbac51faf6b2af8bb.jpg

Hans grohe E120 shower set for the mbr bathroom...no rain shower as we are not a big fan of it...

bd3884b1fcb775aae88dda20be764eb0.jpg

For kitchen, gotten the Rinnai RB2CG hob at parisilk at a price which so far...no one can match even from forum.

223b179efaf69aa76226d2b520b64bc7.jpg

For my hood,convection oven,combi oven, they are all from Brandt

87f9654762e604dc741303900c162e9c.jpg

d91143b1e1a451a3c72413e25f309812.jpg

Got this older models at a pretty good price as well.

Update soon

Hi , if you don't mind ,can u please pm the price for your kohler mixer, hansgrohe shower set rinnai 2 CG . Thank you. I am looking for all these also. I am deciding to get the promo shower set from hansgrohe croma 100 which is now 799,

Heyas...sorry guys for the lost of update... Literally puked blood everyday. I seriously can't stand some worker's mentality and their working attitude so was like too fed up to update!

Imagine the workers spittting everywhere inside your house....in front of you and yet telling you.."house still so dirty and still under reno mah so kan cheong for what" ...like wtf loh?!

Another issue...this old point block...i really dunno how the QC was done like 30 over years back! The beams are slant,the walls are slant,the ceiling slant...nothing is straight...and it varies like up to 4inch that much....yes u heard me right..4inch! Just because of a few inches flaw,i need to do either L-box or false wall to cover up. Waste money waste time and most importantly..waste my space!

Anyway,its on the false wall/ceilingt,concealing of wire part now and painting next week...i hope carpentry will start coming in next week as well. Nothing went right for the pass two weeks literally. Targeted move in on the first week of nov...i am having slim hope now man.

Will upload some pics soon....i hope! Haha

Heyas...sorry guys for the lost of update... Literally puked blood everyday. I seriously can't stand some worker's mentality and their working attitude so was like too fed up to update!

Imagine the workers spittting everywhere inside your house....in front of you and yet telling you.."house still so dirty and still under reno mah so kan cheong for what" ...like wtf loh?!

Another issue...this old point block...i really dunno how the QC was done like 30 over years back! The beams are slant,the walls are slant,the ceiling slant...nothing is straight...and it varies like up to 4inch that much....yes u heard me right..4inch! Just because of a few inches flaw,i need to do either L-box or false wall to cover up. Waste money waste time and most importantly..waste my space!

Anyway,its on the false wall/ceilingt,concealing of wire part now and painting next week...i hope carpentry will start coming in next week as well. Nothing went right for the pass two weeks literally. Targeted move in on the first week of nov...i am having slim hope now man.

Will upload some pics soon....i hope! Haha

I am facing the same problem as yours - wall, ceiling and floor all slanted. My kitchen's floor is 5cm higher than the living

/dining room. Luckily my contractor help me to level it up without charging extra :D

Too bad no budget for false ceiling or L-Box, so have to close one eye whenever see the uneven alignment of the cabinets.

U staying at the same estate?

The flushing system looks complicated but in actual fact,it works the same as a normal one piece cistern. If the flushing is problematic,its the pump inside and is easily replaceable..but of course using the same brand parts unlike normal wc where its a more or less universal type.

My house has the same layout as yours.

Qn... those concealed flushing system... what happens if the flushing system spoil? Able to replace them or not?

Ok and to show the degree of slantness in the flat,here goes...see if you guys can spot it.

the beams...

331fbc7992232f8da5e2efa269fbcd65.jpg

The ceiling

d82a164ff3f166cf9e9dd106f1e54be3.jpg

Beam again..

7f2b0252a5903e75445eba19731e9b75.jpg

And somehow my partition just made the uneveness more pronounced...

Wow sounds cool lei. WIll try to get this done too.

I stay in Marine Parade... all the 5 rms here are same point block floor plan.

U staying at the same estate?

The flushing system looks complicated but in actual fact,it works the same as a normal one piece cistern. If the flushing is problematic,its the pump inside and is easily replaceable..but of course using the same brand parts unlike normal wc where its a more or less universal type.

Wow sounds cool lei. WIll try to get this done too.

Is nice but more expensive than usual one pc wc.

Hey c stradale, sorry to hear about the walls. Can't the contractor try to vary the length of the false ceiling drop down so that the false ceiling looks even?

Haha they tried their best by eating the measurement here and there a bit but as the slantness is really too much,they cant overdo it..if they do,you compare to another angle like say the window frame..its gonna be even worst. So,L box and partition here and there to even out as much as possible.

Just checked with my ID on this flushing of the toilet bowl.

He say this is not allowed by HDB lei.

Just checked with my ID on this flushing of the toilet bowl.

He say this is not allowed by HDB lei.

Definitely allowed. I know someone who submitted plans to HDB n approved. Lots of people have done it. Contractor lazy lar. More work so not all contractors want to do it.

Yes i agree...the contractors got no confidence to do or just plain lazy..haha

When my contractor was building this system,the hdb technical officer was here to check it out and he told us to do the waterproofing well.

Seriously ...colour selection is the most tedious thing of the reno..in my context lah and pretty subjective also..

Have since changed colours of my room like..4times? Hmm lesson learnt..never trust catalogue colour...its wayyy darker in actual. Tamade!

And another surprise..didnt expect craftstone to cost so much for my balcony wall..tks to hdb 70s quality for the uneven walls that i need to do this craftstone to cover up the flaw.

And as for consolation for the day,acid wash plus carpentry happening next monday!

No pics so far coz whole flat still filled with rubbish..

Upcoming photos shd come with a lot more interesting progress.