Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
incredible23

Change Aircon Pipe

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Don't think the serviceman was giving correct advice. The pipe you mentioned must be condensate pipe for draining water from the indoor unit. When this pipe is choked, water will not flow into the drain and would over flow from the indoor unit so one would get wet floor. Nothing to do with air conditioner gas leak or even air conditioning performance. Having the choked pipe clear is the solution. If you can locate the pipe either from the indoor unit or the drain to where to pipe is connected, using water main's pressure should clear it by connecting the pipe to a water pipe. Make sure you have a big bucket and plastic sheet ready just in case of water flowing or dripping from the indoor unit.

Edited by SKYJUICE123

Have u guys done any pressure test on the piping?

Thks for the advice. I will check with my installer on the pressure test.

I have the same problem with my newly installed aircon system 3. It is indeed frustrating. can totally empathise with you.

I also am at a loss of what to do.

WHere is/are the locations of the leaks? How did the contractor confirm the leak and sure it's the pipe?

If the pipes are concealed by a false ceiling, then it will require major work/renovation - hacking/sawing ceiling/walls, remove old pipes and install new pipes, testing, patch up the hacked ceiling/walls. The hacking/sawing and patching of ceiling/walls can run around $2000 or more (I was told)

One of my air conditions also leaks. After topping up the gas, the unit can blow cooled air for few days, then back to blowing normal air like a fan. So far I don't know where the leak is or if it's the pipe, or the pipe-joints or connection points (between compressor - pipe, or pipe - blower unit).

i just bought a new system 2 aircon to replace the old one, but pipe are concealed so use back the old pipe.

gas all leaked out after 1 week, the aircon service came and checked the aircon got no problem, so now they confirm it's the pipe leak, we have to change the pipe!

may i know roughly what is the market price for change a new pipe? i dont mind to put the pipe outside the wall, as long as the aircon works and no leak again.

thanks.