Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ultimax

Can These Aircon Installation Problems Be Easily Fixed?

Aircon was installed recently. After completion, I noticed three things.

1. One aircon installed over a door is slanted to the right. It's not slight, but quite noticeable. It's also installed off-centre.

2. Most of the trunking at the aircon ledge that I've seen forms an "L" shape. So it runs down, then to the right, so that as little piping is exposed at the end when the pipes are connected to the compressor My installers only ran a verticle trunking down, and pulled the piping straight to the compressor ie. the most direct route. Is this acceptable?

3. There's no piece of rubber under each of the compressor's legs. So it's placed straight onto the ledge.

I've called the company to complain and they are sending someone down to look.

#3 can be easily fixed, but I'm worried #1 and #2 will be difficult because the piping has already been cut to length.

Anyone had similar problems with their installations?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi

i run an aircon co too. jus to share.

indeed #3 can be sloved easily. As time goes by cu tends to gets old and vibrate. so to put rubber at the legs is to prevent noises from vibrating.

#1 i believe urs is a new bto flat. for such flats fan coil have limited places to install. there are also many beams in the house. so fan coil usually only can be installed on top of the door. we have to slant the coil abit is due to the water leverage. i believe this unit u mention is the furest bedroom from the condenser unit.

#2 copper pipe comes in 15m. we measure to cut. there shd not be any of a problem. we dun usually advice to connect pipe is afarid that the connection my have gas leakage problem in future. we usually measure to use up to 15m of the pipe.

Thanks amyth for your reply.

The fancoil unit was not centred over the door. Donno why they didn't centre it. I don't think got issue leh. They already installed the piping mah. Just a matter of positioning

And really quite slanted leh. Like it's very noticeable. Other fancoil units look OK.

It looks like they didn't even bother to use a level to check if it's straight, then slant it a bit. It looks like they just used their eyes and hantam.

I can see why lowest price doesn't mean best haha.

hi

indeed #3 can be sloved easily. As time goes by cu tends to gets old and vibrate. so to put rubber at the legs is to prevent noises from vibrating.

#1 i believe urs is a new bto flat. for such flats fan coil have limited places to install. there are also many beams in the house. so fan coil usually only can be installed on top of the door. we have to slant the coil abit is due to the water leverage. i believe this unit u mention is the furest bedroom from the condenser unit.

#2 copper pipe comes in 15m. we measure to cut. there shd not be any of a problem. we dun usually advice to connect pipe is afarid that the connection my have gas leakage problem in future. we usually measure to use up to 15m of the pipe.

Thanks amyth for your reply.

The fancoil unit was not centred over the door. Donno why they didn't centre it. I don't think got issue leh. They already installed the piping mah. Just a matter of positioning

And really quite slanted leh. Like it's very noticeable. Other fancoil units look OK.

It looks like they didn't even bother to use a level to check if it's straight, then slant it a bit. It looks like they just used their eyes and hantam.

I can see why lowest price doesn't mean best haha.

Your Aircon buy from where?

Your Aircon buy from where?

Maximum Credit Co.

They sell electrical applainces. One of those shops like Goh Ah Bee, sell everything.

We bought quite a lot of stuff from them with friends so I guess we got a good price.

My ID has already told them to fix the problem. Let's see if they do. I know Gain City etc. all ahve problematic installers, but the real test is if they are willing to fix things when you point them out.

hi

How much ur price to service 2 fancoil? General maintenace for 3 times a yr?