Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
summersann

The Experience: Our First Home

This!

IMG_0611_zpsb5d9f273.jpg

Hi there!

Aren't these sort of ready made curtains found in Spotlight? It comes in different width, and u can cut it according to the length u need. pretty cheap too. Just get an extendable pole from Daiso to complete the set if u window is not wider than 1.4m. For bigger windows, just get a stainless steel pipe. I used to hang it in the bathroom to create a cozy feel and conceal the ugly window.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi there!

Aren't these sort of ready made curtains found in Spotlight? It comes in different width, and u can cut it according to the length u need. pretty cheap too. Just get an extendable pole from Daiso to complete the set if u window is not wider than 1.4m. For bigger windows, just get a stainless steel pipe. I used to hang it in the bathroom to create a cozy feel and conceal the ugly window.

Oh really? Thanks for sharing! We'll keep that in mind and pop by Spotlight when we can to check it out. Is it customisation? :)

Hi summersann, so u able to move-in before CNY?

Dun forget to post some photo of your new place, ok? :sport-smiley-004:

Haha, don't think so! If anything, looks like the IDs might hand the keys over to us just before CNY. Otherwise, it'll probably be after. But either way, don't think we'll even try moving in before CNY. Too rushed!

Will post pictures once we get down to visiting the place! Haven't gone there since the last update :P

Walked into Courts today to just take a random look around, and ended up purchasing our TVs and washing machine. The boy's the one in charge of researching the electrical products, and he was going to go to Everj_ _nt to purchase our electrical stuff because they seemed to offer the best prices among all the shops he contacted. But because of the current CNY sales going on in Courts, the prices there were even better! The Courts person also ensured us that Courts matches the prices (always heard of that marketing tactic but never knew how it worked until today) of the big 5 players in the industry - Gain City, Harvey Norman, Challenger, Audio House, Best Denki.

For those interested, this is how it works - e.g. if you buy a TV from Courts for $800 and find that same model selling at $700 in any of the big 5 listed above, just go back to Courts and tell them so, and after they verify it, they'll give you $200 worth of vouchers (no, they don't give it to you in cash :P). So they "refund" twice the price difference.

electroluxelectewf85761wm.jpgOur washing machine.

UA55ES7500MXXY-31-0.jpgTV for the living room.

891499.jpgTV for Mom's room (this one fits into the back of the wardrobe).

Also checked out the vacuum cleaner that we need (one that's powerful and suitable for cleaning pet fur!).

dyson-dc22-turbinehead-canister-vacuum-88-000-rpm-new-4259f.jpgWe're considering this, or maybe the Dyson 29. Need to find out which one is suitable for parquet flooring.

I got distracted while the men went on about the specs of the vacuum cleaner and chanced upon a sound bar.

SamsungHTE8200.jpg

The Courts uncle was very helpful and gave us an introduction to both this sound bar and Samsung's speaker bar. He tested both for us to decide which we liked better. The price difference is considerable, but I like this one more because 1. I prefer the sound, 2. It comes with an in-built player. Considering the price tags of both Samsung sound/speaker bars, and comparing it to the price tag of the sound bar we fell in love with at Bose (Millenia Walk), I'm super :sport-smiley-004: that we managed to find something we like enough to forget about the Bose and its hefty price tag! :)

Shall return to Courts soon to complete the payment, and add on the vacuum cleaner and sound bar (after we sleep on it).

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Edited by summersann

I agree, Bose is awesome! What brand is this sound bar?

Samsung. For its price tag, it sounds rather good and has good features too. Value for money! It's a fraction of Bose's sound bar's price, so Samsung is enough! :dancingqueen:

Courts prices are on the high side....just did some booking with them a few days back and went GAB to compare the prices...no fight...GAB cheaper...so my CFO called up Courts and now waiting for their reply...hopefully they can drop the prices...if not GAB here I come :P

Courts prices are on the high side....just did some booking with them a few days back and went GAB to compare the prices...no fight...GAB cheaper...so my CFO called up Courts and now waiting for their reply...hopefully they can drop the prices...if not GAB here I come :P

The boy checked with GAB. For the models we wanted, Everj_ _nt was cheaper. And Courts was even cheaper than Everj_ _nt because of the CNY sales for limited sets going on now :D

Courts states that it has to be prices from the big 5 competitors though. Goh Ah Bee isn't listed in there. Have you paid for your booking with Courts?

Edited by summersann

Oh really? Thanks for sharing! We'll keep that in mind and pop by Spotlight when we can to check it out. Is it customisation? :)

Haha, don't think so! If anything, looks like the IDs might hand the keys over to us just before CNY. Otherwise, it'll probably be after. But either way, don't think we'll even try moving in before CNY. Too rushed!

Will post pictures once we get down to visiting the place! Haven't gone there since the last update :P

No customisation of the curtain at Spotlight is needed. Just chose what you like and cut it according to the length u need. You don't even need to sew the ends, as its not too unsightly.

Edited by Ms Polar

The boy checked with GAB. For the models we wanted, Everj_ _nt was cheaper. And Courts was even cheaper than Everj_ _nt because of the CNY sales for limited sets going on now :D

Courts states that it has to be prices from the big 5 competitors though. Goh Ah Bee isn't listed in there. Have you paid for your booking with Courts?

We have paid part of the amount, if they willing to lower the price, will keep if not can still cancel as the goods are not delivery yet....

We have paid part of the amount, if they willing to lower the price, will keep if not can still cancel as the goods are not delivery yet....

They refund your deposit?

They are suppose to update us on yday...but no call from them...CFO is goin to give them **** soon ;)

Update on how it goes! Maybe we can do so too if we find somewhere cheaper that's not listed under the big 5 competitors :)

We have a brand new Nespresso U machine that's still in the box that we have no use for. Hoping to sell it instead of letting it go to waste. Please PM me if you would like to take it off our hands! :)

Another fruitful (the same can't be said for the wallet :bangwall:) day of shopping with the ID.

After looking up, down and all over the place for bed frames that catch our eye, we settled for Picket & Rail.

americana_junior_queen_bed_large_zpsc807d9e9.jpgMom's queen-sized bed. Currently on sale.

industrie_bedroom_set_large.jpg?6395Our king-sized bed. Currently on sale (much better than the original price when it first caught my eye in IMM!).

Also ordered our curtains. Uncle managed to arrange a day for the installation before CNY. He says it's the last day before the workers go on their CNY break. Fingers crossed that all goes well!

IMG_0638_zpscaa5c738.jpgOur cafe curtain taking shape (the lace in front), and the curtain for the bedrooms (cream cloth).

IMG_0640_zpscd53be0d.jpgOur venetian blinds (the white woodgrain right on top) for the first floor.

Edited by summersann