Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

i was comparing the picture of the IKEA chair and it looks different from the ones that was being shown here. are they different or the same?

also, would like to know what type of spray paint to use too.

TIA!

Ya, ikea still sells that chair. U can find it at the children's department. Singapore only has it in blue but I saw the white one on their USA website. For spray paint, i use those bottle ones lo...but it peels off when you knock against something. eg. the wall. Now i am thinking of buying the one that elmo has.

sharing pictures of my furnished balcony.. also with swing chair

img22581ft1.jpg img22651vd5.jpg

finesse, nice balcony :curse: . simple and nice. love your white hanging chair. where did you get that from?

Anybody put grilles on the balcony ??? No choice, I've to put because I have one young 2 year old boy who is very very active.

But I was thinking it would looking weird because the bottom part of the balcony is not wall but grilles, and those vertical wrought iron grilles which has no "patterns" on it. Urrggghhh...

any ideas ?

dizzy, i don't have grilles but i have a roller shutter at my balcony cos it is very high. hmm..i get what you mean by it'll look weird. Maybe you wanna consider putting a roll of plants or pebbles near the grilles so that it is not that easy for your boys to access the edge.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

space is one of the factors for a beautiful balcony! with a lot of spaces at the balcony then you can slowly decorate it. i saw some balcony come with glass panels instead of wall or wrought iron. very nice! :lol: but usually apply for condo and not hdb. 8|

my dream balcony must consist of:

- with glass panels

- hanging swing chair

- water feature with fishes

- small lovely colorful plants

:dunno:

Anybody put grilles on the balcony ??? No choice, I've to put because I have one young 2 year old boy who is very very active.

But I was thinking it would looking weird because the bottom part of the balcony is not wall but grilles, and those vertical wrought iron grilles which has no "patterns" on it. Urrggghhh...

any ideas ?

grilles will spoil everything. whether grilles for windows or for a balcony. i hate grilles. but if you've children then no choice lor. 8|

Ya, ikea still sells that chair. U can find it at the children's department. Singapore only has it in blue but I saw the white one on their USA website. For spray paint, i use those bottle ones lo...but it peels off when you knock against something. eg. the wall. Now i am thinking of buying the one that elmo has.

finesse, nice balcony :good: . simple and nice. love your white hanging chair. where did you get that from?

dizzy, i don't have grilles but i have a roller shutter at my balcony cos it is very high. hmm..i get what you mean by it'll look weird. Maybe you wanna consider putting a roll of plants or pebbles near the grilles so that it is not that easy for your boys to access the edge.

hi Prettibride...thanks for the reply..:)

nope, think I wont put pots at the balcony, because he can climb ! :notti:

Think I'll just have to put up the grilles, maybe search for nicer wrought iron grilles. :yamseng:

I have a question that has been bugging me. My balcony has no walls. Instead, it has full length grilles. So during rainy days, the rain will come in and after that, my balcony floor will need cleaning. I don't want to put windows as me and hubby love the open space. However, are there any6 other ways to minimise the rain coming in??? :notti:

I have a question that has been bugging me. My balcony has no walls. Instead, it has full length grilles. So during rainy days, the rain will come in and after that, my balcony floor will need cleaning. I don't want to put windows as me and hubby love the open space. However, are there any6 other ways to minimise the rain coming in??? :notti:

Hi lynzi, how about putting a blind ? I'm going to end up with something like yours too, and I intend to put those bamboo blinds, both to keep the house cool from direct sun and to keep rain out.

Could you also share how your balcony looks like ?? :yamseng:

Hi Dizzy, yah I think maybe I will have to put blinds. Can u imagine, yesterday I stood under my block and scrutinise all the neighbours' balconies...hehe. I cannot post any pics of it yet as my house just started reno yesterday so rite now I'm just sourcing for things to equip my balcony...hehe.

Btw, where can i get 1 of those blinds that u don't wanna spend a bomb on that though.

Hi Dizzy, yah I think maybe I will have to put blinds. Can u imagine, yesterday I stood under my block and scrutinise all the neighbours' balconies...hehe. I cannot post any pics of it yet as my house just started reno yesterday so rite now I'm just sourcing for things to equip my balcony...hehe.

Btw, where can i get 1 of those blinds that u don't wanna spend a bomb on that though.

SPOTLIGHT and IKEA!! haha.. been eyeing on the wooden blinds that they offer.. hehehe :dancingqueen:

SPOTLIGHT and IKEA!! haha.. been eyeing on the wooden blinds that they offer.. hehehe :bangwall:

Yeah...both having sale now...

I don't know the cost but I do know that real slate tiles can chip easily. Its better to get other tiles that's slate-looking.

Edited by lynzi

sharing pictures of my furnished balcony.. also with swing chair

img22581ft1.jpg img22651vd5.jpg

Hi, is this real slate tiles or slate tile look alike?