Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smartgold

Dishwasher Recommendation

Hello! I need your advice. I am planning to get the Bosch 6 place setting table top one too!

I plan to put it on top of my top load washing machine.

But I'm also using a condenser dryer with water drainage pipe so My drainage pipe is already a 2 way now.

what can I do ar??

really cannot squeeze 2 into one?

20130523_134450_zpsa1f29da3.jpg

20130523_134804_zpse194b561.jpg

for the tap, All i need to buy is an adapter with 2 heads rite??

20130523_123022_zps70bd2f86.jpg

Do i need to get a plumber to help install the dish washer?

Any advice would be apreciated!

And Tour, hope u can share the pic of your dish washer after installation with the piping! it will help a lot!

thanks!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I got the Bosch 6 place setting table top one.

Only used 2 times since got it. It's good!

But if I had a choice of best like, I'll go for the fisher price drawer that's built in. Super love that one. But alas, the built in already there and hubby don't wanna touch it.

The other one we considered is the 9 place setting Bosch. 45cm width. But after measuring, no where fits...

I bought mine from Harvey Norman at millennia walk. It's the cheapest due to promo. $799.

But! Beware! They tell you inclusive of installation. But it's not inclusive of parts. You need to buy your own water splitter. N then when water is discharged, I tried to squeeze both my washer pipe n dishwasher pipe together. Then!! My whole kitchen flooded! Seriously flooded! But at most stores I asked, they say as long as got water point n discharge water hole, no problem and installation included. Those parts aren't expensive but it's not standard size and its a hassle to keep going hardware store and asking for something that you dunno the name of...

smartgold,

any feedback on the dishwasher you ended up with? I'm looking at dishwasher now for my new place, trying to decide between F&P or bosch.

Thanks!

Thanks guys!

Henry, your information is really useful! The one i see is retailing at $899 or $799 i cannot remember.. around there.

any recommendation on which detergent is good and economical for everyday use?

Hi Tour, the Bosch dishwasher has 2 compartment behind the door. One is for detergent and the other one for Rinse Aid.

The detergent, you have to add for every new washing cycle. If you use the powder type, you will see there is two line on the detergent compartment. Low and high. If its for dirty wash, just add powder until the line Full. If its half load wash or less dirty wash, just add until Low line.

As for the Rinse Aid, you have to add one time only. Every time the dishwasher washes, it will only release 1 or 2 drops. Rinse Aid help the drying cycle, it shines the plates and glasses. Rinse Aid also make sure water drops doesn't stick on the surface of the plates and bowls. So, if you use rinse aid, you'll see much better drying result.

We do not need to add salt in Singapore as our water hardness is low. Only apply in Europe or some countries with hard water. The salt compartment is located at the inner base of the dishwasher.

Cheers,

Henry Bong

Wow Henry Bong! That was informative! Btw, how do you know all these info?? Do you own a Bosch dishwasher too? Also, how do I use the separate powder n salt etc? How much to put n put where? Looks like got 2 compartment to put right?

Hi Tour, the Bosch compact dishwasher is one of the best dishwasher in the market. It comes with auto program, where the dishwasher will detect load and automatically adjust the time and temp. for you. If you have space, of course the 13 settings is even better. Pricing wise is more or less the same for both. You can put the compact dishwasher on top of ur washer dryer. It's ok. The size of the compact dishwasher is smalerl than ur washer dryer. For Bosch dishwasher you can choose to use tablet or powder detergent. The powder type is more economical than the tablet type. One tablet is for full wash or dirty wash. So if you wash less thing or less dirty, it will be a waste to use the whole tablet. The powder detergent you can control the amount base on the load and level of soil that you intend to wash. Bosch uses less energy when it's doing drying cycle. It's call heat exchange mode.

I hope this helps.

Henry Bong

It seems the dishwasher not so popular in space scarce HDB flats in sg :(

I went around looking and I found out that the table top (6 place setting) and the full size one like washing machine size for (12 place setting) not much price difference.

And the 3in1 tablet that use for washing, whether wash 6 or 12 use the same ones.

So I'm actually looking at purchasing the BOSCH SKS60E02EU (Active water Smart Compact Table top white. for 6 place settings. Anyone got any comments on this model?

Also where do you guys place this item in terms of practicality (like if put on top of my front load washer dryer is ok?) Or will the washing machine vibrations cause it to drop?

Also, wrt fengshui, can put it facing/opposite the cooker hob?

Hope to gather some comments before I invest in it :)