Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
barcadibreezer

Finally... There's A Place Called Home

After few months of waiting, finally gotten my key and started the renovation.

Below is my final layout plan, hopefully it's really final final, don't know change how many times already, especially the master room wardrobe and tv cabinet location.

design-5_zps8126cb15.jpg

Status of my reno:

Hacking started and ended last week, tiles all arrived but since last wednesday stop all the work till 'further notice'. My ID said no tiler, whole industry very busy rushing for job, donno how true but really no choice but have to wait. Ideally I want to get my house ready my end Nov, save my rental and can have the whole dec to decorate and unpack my stuff, but my ID dare not to commit, said if I rush later the workmanship not good...

I've yet to confirm my carpentry work, really worry the workers cannot deliver on time.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Perhap I should share some photos of "before" renovation:

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

Here are some ID drawings:

Foyer

Shoescabinetatfoyer.jpg

Living

Blk71603-166TampinesSt71_livingA1.jpg

I'll hack away the existing window and make it full height sliding door, not intend to do the TV feature wall but to lay wall paper and buy ready made tv console.

here is the tv console that i've shorlisted, from OM.

IMG_4006.jpg

Edited by barcadibreezer

Ur dining table sure looks solid... Where did u see it?

Despite the delay, hope u'll have a smooth sailing reno. :yamseng:

U are not doing much, is it? Coz based on ur intention to move in end nov... Or did i read wrongly?

[quote name=barcadibreezer' timestamp='1351522657'

U are not doing much, is it? Coz based on ur intention to move in early nov... Or did i read wrongly?

post='755408]

Other Furniture that I've shortlisted:

Dining Table

IMG_3831.jpg

Edited by Sygnur

U are not doing much, is it? Coz based on ur intention to move in end nov... Or did i read wrongly?

Except the living and bedrooms flooring, I actually renovating the whole house, including rewiring and plumbing. The carpenter promised that will deliver and install all cabinet by 22 Nov, so my plan to move in by 25 Nov will be materialized.

I bought the teak wood dining top from SY living at Furniture Mall, haven't decide on the chair, either getting from them at $200 each with slip cover or $109 from Harvey Norman but fixed cover.

this kind of table is Laminated on the top? or just real solid wood? thanks. I am looking for this kind of furniture also..

Perhap I should share some photos of "before" renovation:

IMG_1291.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

Here are some ID drawings:

Foyer

Shoescabinetatfoyer.jpg

Living

Blk71603-166TampinesSt71_livingA1.jpg

I'll hack away the existing window and make it full height sliding door, not intend to do the TV feature wall but to lay wall paper and buy ready made tv console.

here is the tv console that i've shorlisted, from OM.

IMG_4006.jpg

Hi, May i know where is OM located? I'm sorry for such a noob.

barcadibreezer, so excited with your new place ~ we are moving to the same neighbourhood on the same week, what's a coincidence! My reno is still under progress, probably still left with 10% hasn't done .. yours are really 100% complete ~

Looking forward to see more pictures with your furnitures move in ~ :yamseng:

Btw, there is another neighbour living same floor with me is doing renovation right now .. they are just started one week later than us, so I guess theirs will be finished very soon too and they even hacked their flooring.

Btw, your house original condition is not as bad as what you mentioned ... it looked quite nice instead.