Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
salseraritz

Mi Blanco Y Negro Casa..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hey dear how's progress so far? :dribble:

Hey babe... so far workers are doing up the 3 toilets and am still waiting for 2 other quotations fot the re-wiring works.. the very firsr electrician offering a sky high $$ quote of $7700 .. and when we rejected he offered and after discount @ $6500!! Trying to "makan" us? I dunno.. understand i do have a lot of lighting points but as per commented by another electrician.. it shd not be that ex to $7K... hmm .. really know nuts bout wiring etc... dilemma again... :(

Hey babe... so far workers are doing up the 3 toilets and am still waiting for 2 other quotations fot the re-wiring works.. the very firsr electrician offering a sky high $$ quote of $7700 .. and when we rejected he offered and after discount @ $6500!! Trying to "makan" us? I dunno.. understand i do have a lot of lighting points but as per commented by another electrician.. it shd not be that ex to $7K... hmm .. really know nuts bout wiring etc... dilemma again... :(

Oh dear oh dear...just curious, did u source seperately for the electrician? I thought usually they will put it all in a package if engage a contractor.

*hugs*! don't worry! Think this is part of the journey, once its over, just enjoy the outcome! :sport-smiley-004:

Actually, electrical rewiring is quite standard. There is a way of working out the sum. I use to have the standard form from my ID.... Consisting of unit cost of things like number of lighting points, power sockets (single/double) heater, tel sockets, SCV or TV points, DB etc.... How did it work out to 7k?

Edited by potatoes

Been bz with work...very drained out... got another electrician to propose his quotation... lucky enuff hubby remembered that one of his friend IS doing wiring workz... like duh!! And so we calles both new electrician Mr A and Hubby friend Mr K.. Mr A quoted $6300.. like $200 cheaper than the first.. but still.. Mr K commented that due to my many many lighting points that cause the high $$.. then again he said still it shdnt be sky high to hit $7K.. Mr K offered us @ $5K.. and discounted price $4800... phew... i saved $3K!!

Got our aircon at Best Tech.. Mistubishi HI System 4.. trunking/piping are up.. nicely done by their workers..

Actually, electrical rewiring is quite standard. There is a way of working out the sum. I use to have the standard form from my ID.... Consisting of unit cost of things like number of lighting points, power sockets (single/double) heater, tel sockets, SCV or TV points, DB etc.... How did it work out to 7k?

Didnt even bothered to see the quotation.. heart pain.. and he didnt even get back.. duh! Want to makan me..

I got a 7.2k bill initially. Eventually reduced to 5 plus. Includes LAN points in all rooms and many lighting and electrical points... but still... Rem being extremely upset so totally understand how you feel.

Take care! Glad Mr K gave you a decent price in the end.

Been bz with work...very drained out... got another electrician to propose his quotation... lucky enuff hubby remembered that one of his friend IS doing wiring workz... like duh!! And so we calles both new electrician Mr A and Hubby friend Mr K.. Mr A quoted $6300.. like $200 cheaper than the first.. but still.. Mr K commented that due to my many many lighting points that cause the high $$.. then again he said still it shdnt be sky high to hit $7K.. Mr K offered us @ $5K.. and discounted price $4800... phew... i saved $3K!!

Got our aircon at Best Tech.. Mistubishi HI System 4.. trunking/piping are up.. nicely done by their workers..

Hi, how much did Best Tech quote you fir the MHI aircon?

I am thinking of engagin them but heard alot of horror stories about them...

I got a 7.2k bill initially. Eventually reduced to 5 plus. Includes LAN points in all rooms and many lighting and electrical points... but still... Rem being extremely upset so totally understand how you feel.

Take care! Glad Mr K gave you a decent price in the end.

Oo.. i'm not alone? One of my hubby colleague engaged the same ID as us.. and so that 1st electrician came to give his quote for the 5i resale unit.. asking for $5Kplus.. sick!!

Mr K came to remove all the existing wiring today.. ready for the next phase..

Hi, how much did Best Tech quote you fir the MHI aircon?

I am thinking of engagin them but heard alot of horror stories about them...

Got my MHI system 4 @ $3553 and we upgraded the i dunno what u call that insulation pipe.. lol!! From italy for an additional $200..

So far so good.. no complains as only trunking are up..

Oo.. i'm not alone? One of my hubby colleague engaged the same ID as us.. and so that 1st electrician came to give his quote for the 5i resale unit.. asking for $5Kplus.. sick!!

Mr K came to remove all the existing wiring today.. ready for the next phase..

Yeah. I can now read back my posts and feel fairly amused, but I was super duper upset at that time man.

DAY #NUMERO DIECIOCHO 18

After a long hiatus...update update as of today is my 18th day reno...windows up.. tiles in kitchen up.. plastering of whole house in progress.. i shall let the pics do the talking...

MBR old fashioned window n grilles gone..

img20121112wa0004.jpg

White powder coat with tinted black glass panels.. for whole house except a black sand blast for windows alongside the main corridor...

img20121112wa0005.jpg

Exhaust fan for MBR toilet.. hubby love to smoke in toilet makes me suffocate n hate the smell.. yippee now for this fan is up!!

20121114182340.jpg

Always wanted a fridge with an auto ice maker but Due to our tight budget... we r getting a stainless steel Made in Korea side by side fridge by Samsung...

img20121014wa0000.jpg

Got our fridge and washer/dryer from Mega Discount Store... was served by a very helpful salesman Allan.. no hard selling and gave advise.. well.. i took quite sometime to decide on the fridge that I want... lol!

Mr Hubby don't like the idea of having washer n dryer.. therefore i chose Samsung 8kg washer cum 5kg dryer.. was so attracted with the air wash function .. dry cleaning like function... washer/dryer specs ... diamond drum..

direct drive inverter... eco bubble technology..

img20121014wa0001.jpg