Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Shaoyun

Hollow Tiles

Hi everyone,

I am new here. I recently got my flat from HDB. Tiles were provided for the kitchen and two toilets.

My issue is I found there are hollow tiles in my toilets and kitchen (floor and wall).

I am not sure what it can lead to. Can anyone share their experiences with hollow tiles with me?

I asked the HDB staff and was told they could replace but replacing one will mean the surrounding tiles may be affected.

Any architects or civil engineers can help me shed light if it is true?

Thanks in advance!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hollow tile will lead to poping out of tiles so get them replace

As for effecting other tiles its bull**** coz they lazy to get contractor to do it" can siam tio siam mah" :jawdrop:

U pay for it so its your right :yamseng:

Hollow tile will lead to poping out of tiles so get them replace

As for effecting other tiles its bull**** coz they lazy to get contractor to do it" can siam tio siam mah" :jawdrop:

U pay for it so its your right :yamseng:

I just did my defects checking and did get them to replace the tiles as long as it sound hollow to me.

They can definitely replace the tiles even if it is only 1 tile. It won't affect the surrounding tiles.

Some of our hollow tiles is not fixed after we handed our defective list. The reason they give is 5% of hollow is acceptable by HDB!! is it true.

Please advice

I don't think HDB has any rules for hollow tiles percentage. They leave it up to the owners.

It's like what casa said, they try to do less work. I had to push and push before they decide to just redo the entire toilet and kitchen tiles (the extent of the hollow tiles were all over the place in the toilets and kitchen).

Me also nv heard of this rule leh.

must b lazy rule.

beta get it replace before you have actually moved in n settle down,if not later part gonna be very troublesome n messy for u. :yamseng:

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would share with all of you what is happening to my house now.

As mentioned, HDB decided to hack away all my existing toilet tiles and replace them given the extent of the hollow tiles situation.

1zd9mkn.jpg

29ctm5h.jpg

This are some photos I look when the rectifications are on-going. Kind of scary to see the holes in the walls.

Anyone knows if this is ok or had seen this before?