Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
macuser77

Our Second Reno Journey

I notice your doors are very different. where did you get them as we have been looking for such doors. thanks :)

Hi tikiman.

Sorry can't help you much as it was chosen by our contractor.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hihi Mr and Mrs Macuser,

Enjoyed reading your T-blog and learnt a lot, to the point we are actually in talks with Mr K to do up our new place lol. We do have one query about his workmanship, having read so much about his workmanship but have not really seen it up close. If it is not too much a problem, is it possible for you to take a close up photo of the cabinet door to show how the laminate finish looks like? Reason being, we had recently been introduced to a ID who showed us their laminate finishing and it was said to be pressed with intense heat to obtain that finishing for endurance. Another question is, after using the Yamaha soundbar, would you recommend others to install? Thanks in advance!

Hi jsstory,

Sorry for the late reply.

With regards to your question on laminates, we know nuts about the technical details as we were too occupied with work during the reno process. All we know is that there were no rectification works required after handing over the flat to us.

You can speak to the carpenters on this as they're friendly.

As for the yamaha soundbar, they've got generally good reviews. You can also try Sonos though as they've got good reviews from renotalkers, and most renotalkers here do lots of homework to ensure cheap and good.

Sorry can't help much.

And we engaged Mr.K !!

In a nutshell, after months of tiring "ID" / contractor hunting, we have decided to engage the reputable Mr K. His quote was definitely on the high side, but we believe cheap and good don't co-exist.

Hacking works :

Pics:

201304060937041.jpg

201304060936531.jpg

It will be a major overhaul, where even the toilet windows will be replaced. Hacking works were surprisingly fast, and everyone who worked with Mr K can attest to his efficiency.

He is a no nonsense guy and a man of few words. Although he's not obliged to give any ideas (he's a contractor), he will still provide practical solutions. The only thing he joked about was the ease of removing the tiles due to the crappy work done by our previous ID firm, which has since been featured in lots of magazines, tv shows blah blah blah.

Ok thts all for now now. Will update the pics if there's progress.

Got it from self-fix at pasir ris white sands. Not too sure if home fix sells them. I wouldn't recommend the white sands outlet as the sales staff has zero knowledge on the product and isn't helpful. I'd recommend the 1 in vivo. Staff is helpful with demo .

marcuser...silly question here...so you use this steam mop in place of a normal mop? after sweeping? sorry...i am old school la...heh

marcuser...silly question here...so you use this steam mop in place of a normal mop? after sweeping? sorry...i am old school la...heh

Hi Vanessa.

It's better to sweep/vacuum first then steam mop as I feel the microfiber cloth on the mop doesn't remove hairs/ larger dust particles.

By the way a silly question from me too...other than stews, what other things can we cook using a Dutch oven ?

Hi Vanessa.

It's better to sweep/vacuum first then steam mop as I feel the microfiber cloth on the mop doesn't remove hairs/ larger dust particles.

By the way a silly question from me too...other than stews, what other things can we cook using a Dutch oven ?

so in you opinion....it really works better then a mop? cos it is less work or it is cleaner?

as for the dutch oven, not just for stews...work great for roast...i also use it to simmer soups and stocks and curries in the oven...that way i don't have to stir and it wont burn. heh...

so in you opinion....it really works better then a mop? cos it is less work or it is cleaner?

as for the dutch oven, not just for stews...work great for roast...i also use it to simmer soups and stocks and curries in the oven...that way i don't have to stir and it wont burn. heh...

Hi,

Yes it works better than a mop. Steam kills germs and dissolves stubborn dirt, this is especially so after doing heavy cooking where the floor feels oily.

Less work as you don't need to squeeze off excess water everytime you mop an area (as compared to conventional mop), and you don't need cleaning detergent for steam mop.

All you need to do is to change the micro fibre cloth if it gets dirty.

Only con is you need to wash the micro fibre cloth.

Edited by macuser77