Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
KenLui

Before & After Em Hougang (Reno In Final Stages)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Ken,

You have almost the same layout as me.

I am still pulling my hair how to do the kitchen.

Just wonder you have an open concept kitchen...how do you hide your washing machine and toilet?

Do you mind posting a picture inside the kitchen?

Also do you have a roof top or it's an open balcony? How do you hang your laundry?

Thanks.

Hi All,

Pardon the some mess which may not be cleared properly.

Hall_zps4a20f678.jpg

MumRoom_zps54216968.jpg

MumRoom2_zps476e7478.jpg

Toilet1stFlr_zpsb82dfb11.jpg

ShowerScreen_zpsd8dd392d.jpg

Edited by myrick88

Hi Ken,

You have almost the same layout as me.

I am still pulling my hair how to do the kitchen.

Just wonder you have an open concept kitchen...how do you hide your washing machine and toilet?

Do you mind posting a picture inside the kitchen?

Also do you have a roof top or it's an open balcony? How do you hang your laundry?

Thanks.

Hi myrick88,

Yap. Mine is an open concept kitchen. The toilet downstairs was changed to PD door, (yes, I know about the maintenance issue and my guest had to be oriented in order to go to the loo :P

Infact my ID had designed built in doors to cover the machine (think u can see the pull out door and track from pic) for me to hide my washer. But we are always too lazy to use the doors.

Ok. Will post a pic inside the kitchen as well as the balcony roof constructed, with the second floor common toilet which I missed out earlier.

Yes. I do have problem hanging laundry...I had installed a bamboo support outside the balcony. Pics later, and I am still exploring on other alternatives.

Challenging indeed.

nice place...everything nice & bright...is it hard to maintain the glass stairway??

Hi Onn,

So far, my domestic helper handling the cleaning. But my wife got to stock up on glass cleaners. Hehe.

Hi Ken,

Ic and many thanks for the explanation...My unit came with a roof top and I am thinking do I keep it or pull down the roof top?

Haha....you built and I am thinking whether to pull down anot as it cost me $300 for pulling down only.

I thought with an open balcony, I can have more lights and wind and can create a cosy corner. Also more easier to dry laundry and service aircon.

How do you service your aircon? ID told me the guys will need to climb out from my MBR bed due to the roof...argh!!

By the way, are we able to install bamboo support outside the house? I thought we can only install inside?

Hi myrick88,

Yap. Mine is an open concept kitchen. The toilet downstairs was changed to PD door, (yes, I know about the maintenance issue and my guest had to be oriented in order to go to the loo :P

Infact my ID had designed built in doors to cover the machine (think u can see the pull out door and track from pic) for me to hide my washer. But we are always too lazy to use the doors.

Ok. Will post a pic inside the kitchen as well as the balcony roof constructed, with the second floor common toilet which I missed out earlier.

Yes. I do have problem hanging laundry...I had installed a bamboo support outside the balcony. Pics later, and I am still exploring on other alternatives.

Challenging indeed.

Hi Ken,

Ic and many thanks for the explanation...My unit came with a roof top and I am thinking do I keep it or pull down the roof top?

Haha....you built and I am thinking whether to pull down anot as it cost me $300 for pulling down only.

I thought with an open balcony, I can have more lights and wind and can create a cosy corner. Also more easier to dry laundry and service aircon.

How do you service your aircon? ID told me the guys will need to climb out from my MBR bed due to the roof...argh!!

By the way, are we able to install bamboo support outside the house? I thought we can only install inside?

Hi myrick88,

mine is a case whereby i need the roof up to expand my kitchen, since we need to build a bigger room downstairs for my maid and mother. with the expansion, the usual utility/study room was made to appear than current BTO normal bedrooms.

i think you have to ponder your lifestyle and concept theme for the reno. :yamseng: as long as we are happy right?

you may be right about the bamboo support. that is why i am contemplating to fabricate a special bamboo support to be installed from the MBR window....haiz still thinking..

That's true. So I have been thinking which concept theme suit us best.

Of course by keeping the roof top will be much more cheaper as I do not need to install awning or shutter.

So it's either I hack the roof and create a balcony or I expand the kitchen by hacking the door and window in the kitchen.

See no point keeping this door and window when there's no balcony. Current owner use the balcony space as a dining area.

Hi myrick88,

mine is a case whereby i need the roof up to expand my kitchen, since we need to build a bigger room downstairs for my maid and mother. with the expansion, the usual utility/study room was made to appear than current BTO normal bedrooms.

i think you have to ponder your lifestyle and concept theme for the reno. :yamseng: as long as we are happy right?

you may be right about the bamboo support. that is why i am contemplating to fabricate a special bamboo support to be installed from the MBR window....haiz still thinking..

That's true. So I have been thinking which concept theme suit us best.

Of course by keeping the roof top will be much more cheaper as I do not need to install awning or shutter.

So it's either I hack the roof and create a balcony or I expand the kitchen by hacking the door and window in the kitchen.

See no point keeping this door and window when there's no balcony. Current owner use the balcony space as a dining area.

yap. need some serious thoughts ya. must really know your needs and wants. actually by having the roof, we are able to construct storage there and my rubbish chute also concealed and hidden away. tiny columns of the constructed storage helps to hide away the brooms and cleaning stuff. :yamseng: