Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
KenLui

Before & After Em Hougang (Reno In Final Stages)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

LightStorage.jpg

KenLui, is this made of false ceiling material? What things can be put up there? I m think of ways to utilize part of the void at balcony for storage.

KenLui, is this made of false ceiling material? What things can be put up there? I m think of ways to utilize part of the void at balcony for storage.

Bro, light storage la. Cannot tahan heavy things. The false ceiling using only small metal brackets. So tissue boxes, cleaning cloth, bulky toilet papers etc light items can be stored there. After that must close back the hole. The sort of typical office lobang la. Haha.

Btw, by constructing the roof, the row of concealed rubbish chute side, my ID recommended to build a row of full height cabinets for storage. Haha. The small area below staircase **** pathetic. I intend to put my plastic boxes with my reference books and if can my luggages there. I changed the door to blend the colour at the area. Using tic tac method for conceal purpose and looks for pleasing on the eyes. Hehe.

Hi All, just learnt from carpenter on how to look out for great carpentership and materials selection just by looking at the sides. I shall post some pics using my previous house and present, when got time for comments and veracity from experts here. ",)

Hi All, just learnt from carpenter on how to look out for great carpentership and materials selection just by looking at the sides. I shall post some pics using my previous house and present, when got time for comments and veracity from experts here. ",)

Great! Can't wait to learn from you! :)

Sorry. My previous house pics no close up to make comparison. If need be, I will post pics.

I am not sure if what my carpenter said accurrate or not. He said that experts know. According to him, to see how best materials were used and the carpentership employed, a mere look at the sides of the cabinets will tell, especially for white laminates/formica or sort. the side meaning the corner. if there is a black line, the laminates used are so so only. if white line and am unable to tell the difference of the joints at the sides, materials are of more superior quality and better carpentership employed. As I am a non technical man, i believed him, since at my previous house,i did full room cabinets for my son and daughter about 3 years back and the prices given to me were very reasonable, however, the built in cabinets and worksmanship did appear to be ???.

I shall post a close up of the side of cabinet, followed by a general view. Apologies if pics not very clear. will take better quality ones next time.

20121127_192718.jpg

20121127_192711.jpg

Comments welcome. :yamseng:

chio leh!!

i want to visit your house leh!!!

hehe. thanks, bro. Sure. when everything settled down for me lo. I do not mind lah. fellow hougang mah. My carpenter kept stressing that my ID has been very kind and good and that all the top end and sort...not that I do not trust my ID, since what I want to find out is whether what carpenter say about the checking is true and correct. Want to learn and justify the range that my wife and myself are committing. :rolleyes:

So far, my ID has been very kind la....ask curtain man to talk to us direct and give us contractor price (verified). did the same for sanitary wares and taps etc (verified with 10% discount for a renowned wares shop).

Appreciate his service and attention thus far.

With all these the reno plus furnitures and fixtures still in 6 figure sums. Haiz...

Hi All,

As much as I would like to share and carry on learning from the various members here, has anyone been questioned on concealed water pipings and electrical trunkings here? :huh: