Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
junkang2004

Our Shelter From Sun & Rain

Dear Fellow Members, it's been enjoyable being a silent reader in this forum. Learnt a lot of tips on renovation, places to buy stuff etc..

Really thankful to the fellow forum members for sharing your journey.

Decided to document my renovation journey and hope to gain further insight from others :P

Hope I'll be a good writer... :unsure:

To start things off, we bought a repurchase 4room flat from HDB during March 2012.

Typically, at the point of selection, 3 things came into my mind.

1) Size of unit

2) Floor Level

3) Accessibility

Well, in the end, we balanced our options and choose our new place solely based on Point 3.

Gotten our keys on 22Oct2012.

We decided to engage an ID, as me and my husband are too busy & most of all Lazy to coordinate the itsy bitsy stuff with the contractor.

Also, we decided that they have more artistic ideas then us.

Renovation should start tomorrow! ( 29Nov2012). Really looking forward.

Managed to notify the neighbor next door beforehand. But not the ones above me, knocked their door for ages and no come came to the door. :(

Will post my floor plan and 3D pictures once I've figure out how to upload. ;)

FYI - I am using my husband a/c, hence you find the writing style that doesn't suit my profile name.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Congratulations! With u a smooth reno!

Mine will b starting a day later cos tmrw collecting keys n meeting my ID in site to confirm what's to be hacked n such..

Upload ur pics to say photobucket.com. then copy the direct link. Use the syntax as follow, without space:

[ img ] link [ / img ]

Dear Fellow Members, it's been enjoyable being a silent reader in this forum. Learnt a lot of tips on renovation, places to buy stuff etc..

Decided to document my renovation journey and hope to gain further insight from others :P

To start things off, we bought a repurchase 4room flat from HDB during March 2012.

1) Size of unit

2) Floor Level

3) Accessibility

Well, in the end, we balanced our options and choose our new place solely based on Point 3.

We decided to engage an ID, as me and my husband are too busy & most of all Lazy to coordinate the itsy bitsy stuff with the contractor.

Managed to notify the neighbor next door beforehand. But not the ones above me, knocked their door for ages and no come came to the door. :(

FYI - I am using my husband a/c, hence you find the writing style that doesn't suit my profile name.

You are really good neighbors, still going to every house to notify your neighbors. :good: Hehe, I thought that's the job of my contractor so I did not go n say hello to my neighbors.

You are really good neighbors, still going to every house to notify your neighbors. :good: Hehe, I thought that's the job of my contractor so I did not go n say hello to my neighbors.

its better for owner to do it lah, since they will be your neighbours. you will live there, not your contractor mah. got problem, next time you will face the problem.

but there are some people that thinks unknown ppl knocking on the door means they are salesperson. so some don't answer door no matter what. don't worry lah, will be fine. :sport-smiley-018:

1) Size of unit

2) Floor Level

3) Accessibility

congrats, if start tomorrow, when is the hand over date to move in?

Thanks all for the comments... Was looking forward to have good neighbors . As the saying goes: 远亲不如近邻。

Need to move in before CNY. Hence, that's deadline for my ID.

Will be visiting my new place soon to see the status of the hacking ...

Just visited our new place. The hacking has completed, workers are now removing the debris...

Raining now though, at least they can work in a cooler environment since there isn't much ventilation in the new place.

Edited by junkang2004

Haven't visited my place since Sunday. Hope everything is turning out mine.

Requested HB to check out tmr , in case something really went wrong. :P

Made a number of purchases over the past few weekend: Hood, Hobs, Bed & Bedsheet, Frige, Pots and Pans.

Felt that we have been blowing a lot of our budget. Will post pics of our purchases soon.

Gonna go JB over this weekend to check out lighting stuff. Any recommendations?

Edited by junkang2004

DS.png

Copy of image of our overall floor plan. Courtesy of my ID.

Really like his service, always prompt in answering my questions.

Most of all , he knows me best! Like for grouting, i realized that i omit to discuss the color with him, but he made a choice for me .

which is the same as per what i had in mind. He remembered that I always stress on maintenance free house.

Hence, all his comments to me were always along this main point. :D

Hood.jpg

Hood : De Dietrich - dhd787b

Hob.png

Hob: De Dietrich - dti1043x

fridge.jpg

Fridge - LG : 460L STAINLESS STEEL VCM TOP MOUNT FRIDGE

microwave.jpg

Microwave: De Dietrich - dme729x

washingmachine.jpg

Washing Machine - LG : 9.5KG INVERTER DIRECT DRIVE 6 MOTION TOP LOADER WASHER

I can feel the hole in my pocket getting bigger! :help:

Edited by junkang2004

Visted my place earlier. still under masionary work. didnt manage to take any pictures as most stuff are in a huge mess and the place is super warm.

Bought a sofa set earlier. cost me both arms and legs