Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Xmas

Platform Bed

Hi, I would like to recieve any comments or advise of having a platform bed vs traditional bed frame. As I am planning to reno my house soon. Any comments/ advise are welcome.

Thks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, I would like to recieve any comments or advise of having a platform bed vs traditional bed frame. As I am planning to reno my house soon. Any comments/ advise are welcome.

Thks

For me I opt for platform bed coz my room area too small after placing my WIW

So bed frame is out coz not much walking space left is put a bedframe so I chose platform bed which turns out nice :sport-smiley-004:

mine also platform bed... some ppl cannot sleep on platform bed cos its low. so when you get out of bed, it might be a bit difficult.

Pregnant ladies will find it tough to get up from bed late stage and fixed - not able to change bed arrangement if you wants to later.

Do you have any advise on what I should look for if I opt for the platform bed?

Thks

Not good for older folks and pregnant ladies as mentioned. The edges of the platform could be a 'small kids' hazard if/when you have young kids. Bad for clumsy people who tend to bump into edges/corners. Mold could grow inside the platform (as with any carpentry or laminate work, but I guess is out of sight, out of mind). Need to comply with HDB regulations re: height to window.

A designer once told me some people kept hitting their shins on the platform bed edges for those solid wood type climbing onto bed at night. But I still like them :)