Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest OMO

Wallpaper

Guest OMO

I am also thinking of putting up wallpaper myself too. No help from fellow forummer so far? Hmmm..

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi OMO, i finally went to DIY putting up the wallpaper. for just one wall in my MBR. (abt 3m long).

Its SUPER TIRING. and not to mention we had BACKACHES AND NECKACHES trying to align the patterns. hee. maybe coz we not experienced. took us one whole day to put it up..

in the end me and hubby decided its not worth DIYing wallpaper again just to save a few hundreds.

Guest OMO

Hi mist, wow! one whole day for 3m! Was thinking of putting up a whole bedroom. Maybe I should seriously consider.

Thanks for your info.

Hi mist, wow! one whole day for 3m! Was thinking of putting up a whole bedroom. Maybe I should seriously consider.

Thanks for your info.

It is really not difficult to attach wall paper. My husband attachs all the wall paper in our Apt and each room takes about 3-4 hours and you can see the result with photo posted under Home Deco - nice wall paper.

It is really not difficult to attach wall paper. My husband attachs all the wall paper in our Apt and each room takes about 3-4 hours and you can see the result with photo posted under Home Deco - nice wall paper.

wow your hubby so pro.. can take 3 to 4 hrs for a room. we took double the time! i think it also depends on the wallpaper pattern la. ours was damask and each panel of wallpaper cuts up the pattern, so when we put up the next panel, have to make sure the floral matches..

so maybe for DiY-ers can consider getting simpler striped patterns instead of floral patterns.

wow your hubby so pro.. can take 3 to 4 hrs for a room. we took double the time! i think it also depends on the wallpaper pattern la. ours was damask and each panel of wallpaper cuts up the pattern, so when we put up the next panel, have to make sure the floral matches..

so maybe for DiY-ers can consider getting simpler striped patterns instead of floral patterns.

Yes - I totally agreed with you. We are now planning another round of wall paper for our new Apt and this time we select only the living hall with some design so that he does not need to match the attachment so accurate and the other 3 bedrooms will be simple design with not so much matching to be done. BUT, I agree that this kind of work is no fun and requires a lot of patience. We are looking to get some part-time helper to do it together. Any recommendation from the members here if we can get some part-time helper to do some handy job for us.

where can i buy wallpapers to diy?? how much, could you share price range?

Hi,

Can you wait? I am travelling now and will be in SG mid Oct. I brought in 20 rolls from Germany and you can see it and decide if you like it. One roll is around $40-$50 and we can show you how to attach it. We are doing it for our new place.

Hi,

Can you wait? I am travelling now and will be in SG mid Oct. I brought in 20 rolls from Germany and you can see it and decide if you like it. One roll is around $40-$50 and we can show you how to attach it. We are doing it for our new place.

Hi,

I wan to c too.. care to share which part of germany u bot from? i might buy from there

Hi rustygal,

any ideal how many roll of paper is needed for one room? :)

Hi rustygal,

any ideal how many roll of paper is needed for one room? :)

It depends on the size of the room. One roll of wall paper is around 5 sq m and a standard room with the size of 40 sq m needs around 8 rolls.

On the other question on our location, we live verv close to Koeln and we don't sell paper wall but we brought some for our own place and have more than we need. If you check on MY WORLD in the Blogs, you will see some of the wall paper we used before in our current place. Unfortunately, I don't know how to link this blog to this site. If anyone can tell me??

Hi all,

I have the following for sale. You can visit the website at www.dnalife.com.sg

2742429617_8c121a654e.jpg

Installation according to the company is $100 but need to wait for the in-charge to call me.

Selling this at $200 (Negotiable). The voucher is worth $1120. * typo: the voucher should worth $1120.

Y don't you consider of painting your wall and put some stickers on it? that will be easier and you can have so many kinds of different pattern on your wall instead of a same and repeated pattern? try this website creative wall decal. so far i'm still very satisfied with the brought out effect from the stickers.. and the prices are cheap too!

Y don't you consider of painting your wall and put some stickers on it? that will be easier and you can have so many kinds of different pattern on your wall instead of a same and repeated pattern? try this website creative wall decal. so far i'm still very satisfied with the brought out effect from the stickers.. and the prices are cheap too!

saw your post..thanks...very nice wall decal....will try it on my next 3 months new house....