Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
csycsy

Outrageous Quote By Citimap

We are moving from our 4 room HDB flat. Citimap came over to do an assessment, and claimed we would need 70 boxes (!) and quoted of nearly $800. We don't have too many things we want to move, and I thought we wouldn't need anywhere near to 70 boxes. I challenged the box count, but the surveyor claimed that based on his "experience", we would need 70 boxes. The price was also double what my parents who had recently moved with Citimap paid!

I subsequently got a quote from Shalom, an arguably much bigger and more reputable company. They quoted only slightly more than $500 and indicated only 40-50 boxes required.

Citimap is of course free to quote whatever price they like, but they were obviously lying when they claimed that we would need 70 boxes.

Extremely disappointed as I thought Citimap was a reputable moving company.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

dont you think comparing your parents and your cost being double is like comparing apples versus oranges here? and sometimes bigger companies can offer cheaper deals because of economies of scale, but doesnt mean the more expensive company was lying to you:)

My parents also moved from a 4 room HDB, so quite comparable. In fact, they had more stuff than us. My parents were moving to another HDB flat whereas we were moving to a condo, so maybe citimap thought they could rip us off.

The box count of 70 they proposed was also completely ridiculous.

Hi, I believe that there are movers that go by truck load. Not the total number of boxes. There is also a benchmark on the truck capacity. One trunkload is about $300 to $400.

My last moving did in Dec last year was $300 per truckload.

Personally, if u feel that it is exp, just get another to quote and move on... :drunk:

What's the point of "crying over sour milk" right? Cos nobody force u to sign also mar...

Is it true that we have to return the cartons to the mover once we have settled into our new house? I got a quote of $400 including 70 cartons from another mover.