Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
natural9

My Long Awaited Minimalist Bachelor Resort

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcomed to the 3-roomer club! Njoy ur reno journey! Share ur journey & pics! Many ppl in RT to share their experiences too! :)

Hi all,

My flat is going to have HIP next week...

Due to many work little time, really need good advices on some bathroom stuffs.

The wash basin and WC and bi-fold door, will be using the ones they provide, no need to buy.

What brands of instant water heater are reliable? I heard nowadays some heaters have what pump?!

My old house bathrooms using aerogaz and bennington.

Where the places to go now for these water heaters ... and also the BATHROOM ACCESSORIES? simple and nice ones?

Also need to get some lights for the bathrooms.

Last question, can I custom made the bathroom mirror? Where to do?

Comments welcome, thanks.

Edited by natural9

have u engaged ur ID/contractor? usually they will recommend. see how much u trust them lor. i went to those recommended by my ID. of cos need to do some homework/research first for price comparison so u dun get ripped off. mine not the cheapest but reasonable lah. in my case, my ID accompanied me to all my fittings purchases & made recommendations according to his design & ways things may be installed. but i made sure all the prices are properly tagged (so that all customers see the same thing & the shops are not quoting u freely) & i asked for discounts. bcos the ID usually already has working relationship with these shops, he can coordinate the deliveries according the work progress. n bcos he knows what u bought, he can oso help make sure the correct stuff are delivered or follow up with the shops if anything is wrong. of cos u mus check closely too la jus in case he conspires with the shops to cheat u. but at least u dun need to coordinate everything, and end up chasing after everyone else, urself. for the cheapest deals in town if u wish to source for them urself, need to check with the other bros & sis or other blogs in RT liao..

have u engaged ur ID/contractor? usually they will recommend. see how much u trust them lor. i went to those recommended by my ID. of cos need to do some homework/research first for price comparison so u dun get ripped off. mine not the cheapest but reasonable lah. in my case, my ID accompanied me to all my fittings purchases & made recommendations according to his design & ways things may be installed. but i made sure all the prices are properly tagged (so that all customers see the same thing & the shops are not quoting u freely) & i asked for discounts. bcos the ID usually already has working relationship with these shops, he can coordinate the deliveries according the work progress. n bcos he knows what u bought, he can oso help make sure the correct stuff are delivered or follow up with the shops if anything is wrong. of cos u mus check closely too la jus in case he conspires with the shops to cheat u. but at least u dun need to coordinate everything, and end up chasing after everyone else, urself. for the cheapest deals in town if u wish to source for them urself, need to check with the other bros & sis or other blogs in RT liao..

No, I have not engage any IDs/contractors yet.

This is the HIP works... Hack everything in the bathrooms, change the water pipes etc...

Will be getting IDs/contractors after this upgrading works done.

The wash basin, WC and bi-fold door provided.

I have to get the water heaters ... and also the bathroom accessories for them to fix.

And also the bathroom ceiling light.

Edited by natural9

Oh HIP by HDB? If u not stay in yet u may wish to let them do the basics first n take ur time to source for the heater, bathroom accessories, lights (togther with the rest of the lighting) n let ur ID/contractor install (inclusive as part of the entire reno works)

For heater I'm using the 707 Princeton (i'm a 707 fan; there r other 707 models too) http://www.chg.com.sg/pro5_princeton.html

Edited by jus4fun

It's like a urban war zone... No, it's a WAR zone... almost hacked everything...

And it's currently still re-building... will pen my experience soon.

So ur HIP completed? No see ur before & after pics leh.. wat have been done?

So finally get to start ur own reno now huh? That's gd! Looking forward to following ur reno journey, especailly a fellow 3-roomer bachelor like myself.. hee hee! :)