Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ColdfireDX

Where Do You Stay During Renovation?

I'm planing to renovate my house, but I don't have a ideal place to stay while the renovation is in progress.

Asking around, the most common answer I get is this:

1) To stay at relative's house. Not an option if your relatives are not in the country. And even if they are, it's gotta be a he|| of a hassle for them.

2) Stay at a hotel. freakin expensive, nuff said.

3) Bear with it, stay put while the renovation is in progress. This slows down the renovation & it's gotta be really messy to live with it. Nonetheless, it's the only possible option I have if there's no other.

Those who have done renovation to your house before, how did you manage this? Pls help!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Depends on how long will be your renovation..... My friend rented condo unit during the renovation of his house. The renovation took almost a year so his family needed some kind of normal living, not hotel staying.

As well, maybe you can see an option to move to some service-appartment (depends of size, it is usually fully equipped kitchen + living area, bathroom and 1 or 2 bedrooms) where you can normally cook. Only different against condo is that there you have cleaning service usually 2x weekly. And it is possible for short term rent.