Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Teofamily

Herf Vs Vinyl

Was talking to ID today, asked about High End Resilient Flooring (HERF).

She said it's about the same with Vinyl.

I told her - no no Vinyl, for health risk reason.

She said no such thing, HERF and Vinyl are about the same material.

Is that true?

As I am about to reno my new resale unit soon, so started reading, but I need more advise, pls.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

She is right, it's vinyl aka pvc.

Sellers of such products sometimes market it under obscure label to cloak the controversial vinyl content.

It doesn't help either that the manufacturers of such products are evasive on the safety of their products, and none of them dares to commit fully in black & white on their product's website of the health safety.

That is glaringly different from the laminate floors manufacturers using natural wood content, who are openly stating the safeties of theirs which cover health, environment, and ecology.

Will it be more costly?

Yeah costly in a way . but in terms of safety aspects and for a long run solid parquet would be better.

Laminate once spoil it cant be replaced whereby solid teak you could sand & revarnish to give it a new looks (:

Basically this how i feel towards these 2 product

Is it not vinyl,the floor materials being used in hospitals or shopping outlets?If it is,maybe the designers proposing it can't be wrong in terms of judgement of the product durability.Having said that though,on 2nd thought,i wouldn't want my home sweet home to look like a hospital.To each his own,i guess.

Is it not vinyl,the floor materials being used in hospitals or shopping outlets?If it is,maybe the designers proposing it can't be wrong in terms of judgement of the product durability.Having said that though,on 2nd thought,i wouldn't want my home sweet home to look like a hospital.To each his own,i guess.

What looks like vinyl flooring in hospitals are not vinyl, but another type of resilient flooring call linoleum which are known to be safe unlike vinyl which is shrouded in health controversies.

Some shopping malls are using vinyl flooring, and I think the rationale here is that with a mass of heathy people partaking the gaseous emissions, the possible harm is mitigated by the shared dosage :notti:

Did a product research on the various vinyl products in the market available and am a bit disturb by the arguments floating around on google by various health authorities mentioning about the emissions of carcinogen,a poisonous toxicity that may cause cancer.Had enough already of the haze in spore,nw im just imagining if im gonna breath carcinogen everyday in my house.Really really concern.

Was wondering,resilient floor or vinyl is like the in thing right now perceiving it as waterproof laminate floors.Bewildered that a 70-80s rubber tiles floors is the floor of choice for many homeowners and designers,with its so called waterproof properties,ignoring the toxicity of poisonous carcinogen gases with the possibility of getting cancer.It makes the whole Go Green or those Green Label accreditions into a whole big joke.With $$$$ at the end of it,retailers are ignoring being socially responsible to protect future generations.But anyway,consumers are also to blame for trusting lip service and confusion tactics by retailers.The fact is,you gotta ask the very persons who market it out,do you had it installed in your own homes.Poison in your own homes?Only a nutcase will do so.So much for eco friendly.

Does the Berry Floor Hydroplus falls under the category of being a health risk as well?

It's a type of waterproof laminate too.

Came across this product before, it's not waterproof at all.

There have so many conditions on the care and usage that negate the warranty for water damages, which will not permit any possible claim against them.

Came across this product before, it's not waterproof at all.

There have so many conditions on the care and usage that negate the warranty for water damages, which will not permit any possible claim against them.

Not at all? Have u or ur friends installed it? Berryalloc does have other series of laminate..

>.< scary... Homogeneous tile the best way to go?

Have visit Floor Depot at balestier rd, they are doing wood type waterproof laminate floors, different from vinyl i think. maybe you can consider Floor Depot.