Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ladydr

Transforming Our Flat To Our Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I thought my renovation was going smoothly.

Now the hiccups started and hope this will be the one and only.

Suddenly my downstairs neighbor complained to management that there is leak in his master bedroom.

We checked with our contractor and he said they check all the leaks before they started putting tile on the floor on friday.

Tuesday morning my neighbor complained about leak so my contractor is puzzled.

My hubby went to talk to neighbor but they refused to show the leak and said it has stopped so we don't have to worry. But how can we not worry, right. They just finished putting tiles and you are telling me there is leak and when we want to check you are not letting us see.

Anyway my contract today called the neighbor, he said same thing to him. But he still insisted on seeing it, they gave him time for tomorrow. He is going to check tomorrow. I hope it is not big issue.

After reading some blog I am contemplating to have concrete base for my kitchen sink. I told my contractor and he gave me additional cost estimates. I discussed with my hubby and we decided to go ahead with this.

Waiting for this week to end so my contractor can give the exact date for move in.

After 6 weeks of staying in rental place finally we are moving back to our home. My home is not fully ready yet, but we decided to move in. There are few intermediate to minor stuffs are still need to be completed.

Here are some the pictures.

IMG_2902_zps1f3c6716.jpg

View of my kitchen from dinning area.

IMG_2904_zps1ccee51d.jpg

Kitchen floor - wooden tiles

IMG_2875_zps739350ae.jpg

Countertop - Ceaserstone - Raven with Matt black tiles as backsplash.

I will soon upload picture with my blanco sink.

Gorgeous! Enjoy the move and do put up more photos :) Hope you got the leaks all sorted out? And did yuo find those lovely bright blue/green tiles for the bathroom?

Congrats!

Yes we manage to sort out the leak. It was not big issue after all.

I didn't get that kind of tiles but I used ocean blue tile. I am going to post my bathrooms pictures soon.

Yes I do have 2 fridge. I love cooking and I need to put my spices in fridge otherwise it gets spoiled very fast. Actually one fridge is for drinks and baby food and one fridge is for our food.

Love the countertop and backsplash! How much did the wooden tiles cost u?

Thank you for comment.

I cant remember the cost of the tiles, it was around 7-9 dollar per piece. I can check my invoice and let u know

Some pictures from my guest bathroom

@ Edensmom - I used the following tiles instead.

IMG_2919_zpsb8aea315.jpg

IMG_2918_zps80b37794.jpg

IMG_2920_zps9ce602cd.jpg

as u can see my vanity installation is not complete.

IMG_2916_zps4389d378.jpg

Vanity of my master bathroom. Waiting for solid surface top to be installed this week with installation of my basin and tap. Can't wait for it.