Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Boooing

Why Always Timber Or Laminated Flooring For Bedrooms?

Just like to ask why do most people use timber or laminated flooring for bedrooms? Why not just use polished homogeneous tiles as per living room since it is waterproof and easier to maintain?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Just like to ask why do most people use timber or laminated flooring for bedrooms? Why not just use polished homogeneous tiles as per living room since it is waterproof and easier to maintain?

bedrooms are to be warm, tiles are cold..... especially if you on aircon the whole night, you will realised the tiles will make the rooms very cold.

but its a matter of preference. For me, i use tiles too as i prefer tiles that are easier to maintain.

Warm is definitely one of the main considerations, the other thing is laminated flooring there is a wide range of selections plus alot cheaper and now its waterproofed thus commonly used.

Warm is definitely one of the main considerations, the other thing is laminated flooring there is a wide range of selections plus alot cheaper and now its waterproofed thus commonly used.

tiles have more selection than laminate.

Yes, use tiles for your flooring.

Nowadays laminate flooring so common as they are the obvious choice :sport-smiley-004:

I agreed with the warmer feeling. Nowadays weather are so cold at night and early in the day, the tiles give the cold feeling and will be so uncomfortable to walk on. Thus with the technology i guess thats why Laminate have become more popular.

I agreed with the warmer feeling. Nowadays weather are so cold at night and early in the day, the tiles give the cold feeling and will be so uncomfortable to walk on. Thus with the technology i guess thats why Laminate have become more popular.

I guess laminates are cheaper. I used laminate for bedroom but now changing to resilient flooring..its like wood like & water-proof...Now if my children spill water...no need to panic..haha

I guess laminates are cheaper. I used laminate for bedroom but now changing to resilient flooring..its like wood like & water-proof...Now if my children spill water...no need to panic..haha

I hope this resilient flooring you mentioned is not vinyl, otherwise it is not a laughing matter to risk the health or lives of your children on such a controversial product!

And before you comes out sprouting rubbish like a number of vinyl flooring salespeople here, first name me a vinyl flooring manufacturer who has stated clearly on their website that their product WILL NOT caused any health risk.

And also tell me why the vinyl flooring sales companies here hide their vinyl products under label such as resilient flooring instead of being outright, or calling it "waterproof laminate flooring" when No PART of their product is laminated?

Why all these deceptions?

Is it wise to deal with people who are deceptive?

I hope this resilient flooring you mentioned is not vinyl, otherwise it is not a laughing matter to risk the health or lives of your children on such a controversial product!

And before you comes out sprouting rubbish like a number of vinyl flooring salespeople here, first name me a vinyl flooring manufacturer who has stated clearly on their website that their product WILL NOT caused any health risk.

And also tell me why the vinyl flooring sales companies here hide their vinyl products under label such as resilient flooring instead of being outright, or calling it "waterproof laminate flooring" when No PART of their product is laminated?

Why all these deceptions?

Is it wise to deal with people who are deceptive?

Apart from vinyl floorings, what are the alternatives that you would recommend?

You seem to imply that vinyl flooring are a threat to our health, where is the source for this serious charge?

Any articles, studies to substantiate your clams?

Im concerned as my ID has recommended me to go vinyl for my flooring requirement and would like to find out more before i commit.. Thanks!!

Hi Boooing,

As most of the people said laminated flooring will definitely give you warmth feeling but it is a matter of your personal preferences at the end of the day. Personally, I prefer homogenous tiles over woody flooring for bedroom because it is easier to maintain and it could keep the room temperature low even with Eco mode of your Aircon.

:)

Wood always give a cozy,warm feeling to any house settings.Condominium showfalts is a very clear example of this current trend.

The choices made is normally between laminated floorings or timber floors.Both have their own clear advantages and like every product,it has it's pro n cons.No floor product is perfect.At the end of the day,i guess it's all about maintenance.I believe everyone will agree on this.Am I right or wrong?

For some reason i still preferred real solid wood flooring as it bring out the natural feel (:

Totally agree with you, I'm using Burmese Teak wood which is very good quality and lasting.....So far so good, its more than a year, no scratches yet and some times water were spilled over for hours without knowing and it was not damaged.....Lastly the colour is rich and the feeling is very good for real wood. I did consider over laminate flooring to save some costs but my contractor advised me not to.....In the end, i went for Burmese Teak.....Highly recommended for long term

Tiles are definitely easier to clean than laminates (panels) or wood. But tiles and wood (parquet or panels) cost more to install than laminates. For looks, they are all very nice; esply to the owner who purposely chose the particular item.

Personally, I prefer the wood look but that doesnt mean I'll go for wood as there are nowadays tiles that have wood patterns so can wash them like ordinary ceramic tiles. Then the laminates have improved and are now almost like having wood underfoot (textured, patterned, etc) because they're 100% waterproof except that the joints are not 100% waterproof so you cannot just hose the floor when cleaning it! Unfortunately for real wood floors, you cannot splosh water on and scrub.

Always looks for Brand names esply trademarked registered brand names and not descriptive Names as brand names can be googled and checked extensively. Whatever you find, I think if the stuff is not "international", then it's not fully "tested".

The floor is to me the most troublesome to change. You have to shift heavy furniture! So I would decide carefully before finally deciding on which type. Patterns too; see a bigger sample and not just one or two pieces.

BTW, laminates do not require the hacking off of existing tiled floor, or any masonry preparation if it's a cement floor. Can just lay over whatever is there, even on old wood parquet or panels, though I'd remove them in case they are harbouring termites.

I'm going for WPC (wood plastic composite) laminate. No glue, no nails. Quiet, non-smelly, non-dusty installation. And I can take them out and re-install them in the next house when I move.