Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kooky

K's Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Thanks, regularJoe. As the renovation is still in-progress, I feel a little uncomfortable to provide contacts of my contractor as I am still monitoring the work the workers are delivering daily. Like all projects, there are hiccups but eventually he does sort them up for us.

One thing I want to caution all is that although my contractor's have some good and experienced workers, he isn't one who will respond to calls/emails right away. He doesn't help to take pictures on the progress of the reno. We are very independent owners, hence, we are fine with these. If you follow in T-blog you will notice that I mentioned a few times that the reno is delayed and the handover date is now pushed until April.

If you are keen in shortlisting my contractor, you are welcome to read on the progress on my T-blog and upon completion of my renovation, you are certain that you want to let him handle your reno, you may PM me again, I will be then provide you the contact details?

Hope you understand where I am coming from.

Edited by kooky

Thanks for checking me out, Spikedoll biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Spoke to contractor yesterday, he said the stairs will be ready by Tuesday. I had previously told him that I would like to re-select some laminates again and when he came, he brought with him a few more catalogues for us to choose. After going through the details and colours of the walls we want to paint, we finally locked in our final selection of laminates. We will not be doing any carpentry work for the guest's room for now since not that often we have visitors but will do it up later on when we build-up our funds again.

We have discussed and want something simple for the living area which allow us to change whenever want want or when we get tired of the look....haha, so we will go for a simple board (perhaps a 8" x 4' kind) that support the mounted TV and a simple tv console which we probably going to buy off the rack.

He also said that the grilles will be up sometime in the week of 18th but didn't specify the actual date.

Edited by kooky

Hi Freakerz, We have installed FO termination box but as for LAN layout and cabling, I leave it to my husband to decide as I am a layman in this department.

Edited by kooky

I went to the flat this afternoon to acknowledge deliveries of fridge, ceiling fan and the washer.

I was quite pleased to see 6 workers busy working!

The husband complained about the red tiles in the common bathroom have been laid too many and as a result it makes the already long bathroom looks dim. Initially, one side of the wall was tiled red but today, we noticed that the tiler has removed some and indeed the toilet looks brighter!

cbra.jpg

Edited by kooky

Treads of the stairs are done up. When I was about to leave and head back to the office, I saw the the worker brought up the U-channel.

View from the dinning area

staircasetread2.jpg

View from the platform

staircasetread1.jpg

Thats all for now.

Things are progressing well!

Haha kooky your toilet is not dark as compared to mine!!!

Btw do u need approval from hdb on changing the staircase direction?