Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kooky

K's Home

Spikedoll, our contractor did submit drawings to HDB for approval and it took about 10-11 days for the authority to approve it.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Spikedoll, our contractor did submit drawings to HDB for approval and it took about 10-11 days for the authority to approve it.

Great idea on the space planning so more space for dining area. Do u need PE approval for that? Sure cost alot for the staircase works?

At first we thought we need PE endorsement but think my contractor briefly mentioned that it's not required. I vividly recall that the cost for the 4 or maybe 5 panels of tempered glass alone is $6k-ish.

The initial quote for reconstructing the 1st flight of stairs(inclusive of materials) + PE endorsement was very high. But I am not sure of the actual price now since we do not have to pay the PE.

Edited by kooky

Yes. In our case, it takes up close to 14% off the quotation.

This is the main reason we have decided to do the carpentry work phase by phase as this is one of the item which can be delayed to later. Imagine if were to postpone reconstruction of the stairs to later, it means we need to hack and relay floor tiles.

We have changed the windows in the service yard and will install grilles but with the protection bar which is obstracting the overall view, we were thinking of removing it. However, from hear-say, we were told that if we remove the bar now, when we intend to sell the flat, HDB will request us to 'put' it back.

Has anyone done this before? Do you need to apply for HDB permit? Thank you!

viewfromsvcyard.jpg

Edited by kooky

Hi Alex77, we bought the dinning table and chairs from Living Star Furniture from its Labrador outlet.

I think I saw the similar looking dining table at Star living at Thomson last weekend :)

Thanks to Kooky and spikedoll. Hmm....my wife want a round marble table to denote 'tuan yuan, always happy family having

dinner together' :)

At first we thought we need PE endorsement but think my contractor briefly mentioned that it's not required. I vividly recall that the cost for the 4 or maybe 5 panels of tempered glass alone is $6k-ish.

The initial quote for reconstructing the 1st flight of stairs(inclusive of materials) + PE endorsement was very high. But I am not sure of the actual price now since we do not have to pay the PE.

Nice progress kooky :)

U got approval to change orientation of staircase?

Exciting to see how ur finished product would look like. Do post ur lovely pics ;)

Spot on! This is exactly why I bought a round table :-)

Happy shopping!

Thanks to Kooky and spikedoll. Hmm....my wife want a round marble table to denote 'tuan yuan, always happy family having

dinner together' :)

Thanks, potatoes :-)

Yes. HDB approved this change on Feb 4th.

Will post on the progress but I reckon it will take another week or so before the materials are being put together.

Nice progress kooky :)

U got approval to change orientation of staircase?

Exciting to see how ur finished product would look like. Do post ur lovely pics ;)

Edited by kooky

Spikedoll, I emailed HDB this morning to inquire on this matter. The officer in charge responded saying it is ok to remove it. However, a minimum 1m safety parapet height from the floor level must be maintained after the railing is removed.

Edited by kooky

Spikedoll, I emailed HDB this morning to inquire on this matter. The officer in charge responded saying it is ok to remove it. However, a minimum 1m safety parapet height from the floor level must be maintained after the railing is removed.

Oh I am

Referring to the centre metal bar.. Which I was told cannot remove

Oh, got what you mean now. I will email him again to seek clarification!

Oh I am

Referring to the centre metal bar.. Which I was told cannot remove

Edited by kooky

The officer in charge responded to the email I wrote him to clarify if I can remove the horizontal metal section, he said it is part of the architecture features of the building that must be retained. Bummer!