Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xyz123

Our Upcoming Home!

Hi all, finally after a 2.5 year wait, HDB has asked us to re-assess our loan eligibilty!

this means that we will be getting our keys soon!

Our new home is a 5room in Fernvale coz we wanted a big space as new flats are all very small. We have a very tiny budget for the reno of our new home as we dont intend to do massive reno, having opt-ed in for the flooring and doors. We only intend to do our kitchen, the masterbedroom and the living room for now (and the toilets vanity). Baby's room will be sparse, with only a cot and probably an off the rack wardrobe.

We have a headache though. We cant decide where to put the dining table, or whether to hack the other wall as the kitchen entrance and seal up the one at the main door.. would appreciate if the helpful peeps here can offer some suggestions.

cheers!

floorplan.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Welcome to RT! Your layout is similar to my current 5rm flat in punggol.. Except that my bomb shelter is at the right side of the living room. You may want to place your dining table at the area next to bomb shelter? Out of sight from the main entrance.

Hi spikedoll! was thinkin of that initially. but then, where do we put our shoerack?

cant really decide on whether to hack the other wall for the kitchen entrance anot.. luckily still have some time to think.

hehe, am so excited to be getting keys soon!

Hi spikedoll! was thinkin of that initially. but then, where do we put our shoerack?

cant really decide on whether to hack the other wall for the kitchen entrance anot.. luckily still have some time to think.

hehe, am so excited to be getting keys soon!

how abt the area next to ur main door on the left? can put full ht shoe cabinet there.

Hi Z3phy, that side is the entrance to the kitchen, so unless we hack the other wall to open up the kitchen and seal up that entrance, we cant put anythin there..

hubby has an idea where to place the dining table (i wanted a dining table with sofa or bench), will try to draw it out manually and upload it. wheeeee.

Hi Z3phy, that side is the entrance to the kitchen, so unless we hack the other wall to open up the kitchen and seal up that entrance, we cant put anythin there..

hubby has an idea where to place the dining table (i wanted a dining table with sofa or bench), will try to draw it out manually and upload it. wheeeee.

hi xyz123, i believe we are in the same project.. ur floor plan is the same as mine.. except mine is 4 rm.. n the bomb shelter is at the end..

ur dining area can b besides the bomb shelter.. as for ur shoe cabinet.. u can do a partition out to treat it as an ent to ur living..

hi xyz123, i believe we are in the same project.. ur floor plan is the same as mine.. except mine is 4 rm.. n the bomb shelter is at the end..

ur dining area can b besides the bomb shelter.. as for ur shoe cabinet.. u can do a partition out to treat it as an ent to ur living..

Hey deviansyh, are you in FVR as well?? hehe