Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pills

Memory Foam Vs Latex Foam

I plan to buy a memory foam mattress for my new house. Anyone here using memory foam or latex foam? What's the difference? Is memory foam really very bad for health with all the chemicals?

How much does i cost on average for a queen size mattress too?

Please help,thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi pills

The price range for mattresses vary. And you would need to test out all the mattresses before deciding on which one to buy. King Koil is well known for their stiff & hard mattresses which are supposedly good for spinal support and seems to be popular among the older generation folks. It's a very old brand and their mattress collection varies across the island depending on where which showroom you go to. If your pockets allow u to stretch, you might want to take a look at Robinsons at Centrepoint. Otherwise, you might want to try out places such as COURTS Megastore - they have a wide selection of brands there.

From my observation, many mattresses which contain memory foam & latex tends to sink in. They will "wrap" you up when u lie down on them. So I would recommend that unless your bedroom is airconditioned, otherwise, it's preferable that u stick to those normal pocketed spring mattresses.

There were also cases in which users develop problems over time when they sleep on memory foam mattresses. In some other scenarios, it worsens certain medical conditions. If you are suffering from lupus or any blood related ailments, it's not advisable to sleep on memory foam mattresses. However, I felt that it's all up to individuals & not every user would face issues with memory foam.

For latex, I think it's getting more complex because I was told by different sales persons for latex mattresses that there are synthetic latex, natural latex & latex with punched holes for ventilation, etc etc.

In my opinion, you'll need to shop around & test out all the mattresses to see which one suits you.

p/s: I'm supposed to get a replacement mattress but I require customisation as my bed frame is a super King in size. And the troubling part is the transportation of the mattress because my flat's lifts couldn't accomodate to my huge mattress. It doesn't help since we are staying almost towards the top floor. We also had intention to shift out within these few years... so it'll be double the trouble when it comes to transporting the mattress around. But both hubby & myself liked the KING KOIL hard mattress with pocketed spring which we tried at COURTS Megastore.

Edited by edenstrauss

hi pills

mattress u gotta try it youself, basically i would say gotta see your budget and of cos the comfort

every person backbone is individual (of cos oldman always say the firmer the better) but depends on your age as well

its only density different when its comes to memory foam or latex, try to go for pocket spring if queen or king size

as less recoil when partner moves during sleep. whatever foam inside, SG is freaking hot weather~