Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Misaki30

Anyone Engage "the Interior Lab" Before?

I find that he is quite a sincere and reliable ID because :

1) He make effort to find pictures of houses which may suit my theme and check if it is similar to what I want. When I replied him with pictures that as close to what I want, he said that he had already completed 3D drawing for my unit. Was quite shock that he put in so much effort during enquiry stage. 

2) Offer to bring my family and I to a unit which he had completed before to check out his work. Quite a unique way and to do that, it means he has good working relationship with the house owners and they are satisfied with him. 

3) He is flexible to meet anywhere else when I said that I am not convenient to meet in his show room. 

So far the price quoted by ITL is not the cheapest however I am impressed by Edwin's service. 

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

Was referred to Edwin Fong through a few of my colleagues who have their houses done by him over the years, with him in different firms. All spoke very highly of him. 

1) Been to my colleagues' home. Am surprised that he could remodel a HDB with concealed entrances at a few places. Some of the design ideas took me by surprise. 

2) workmanship seems above average but I am worried that he might not be using the same sub contractors he previously did.

3) Very knowledge-able and detailed. Gave me suggestions on to how better improve the functionality of spaces.

4) Gave me questions to think (ie my plans with the flat, what is going to happen the next few years) and with it, quite a few sleepless nights.

5) Price neither the cheapest nor the most expensive. While I believe it is worthwhile to pay a little more for the value added services, can anyone advise if he is willing to negotiate regarding prices?

6) 3d looks impressive and nothing like what i initially imagined it to be.

7) Tells me his average 1st appt is about 6 hours long and that people are willing to engaged him the first time they meet, am very surprised people actually did that.

after my first two meetings with Edwin, am generally impressed with his knowledge, experience and genuinity yet a few concerns with TIL still lingers

a) how is their inhouse workmanship

b) how is the firms' after sales services?

c) besides WRC, anyone can provide more insights as to how the company deals with disagreements?

Sharing the 3d edwin did for me. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

KITCHEN_1A_(2).png

LIVING_1A_(2).png

MBR_TOILET_1A_(3).png

On ‎03‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:46 PM, Lhtan511 said:

Wrc, Can pm me the id?

Can u also PM me as I have a quote from TIL and still considering whether to use TIL or Rezt and relex

Edited by Aong

Hi all

taking keys to new house soon and have spoken to Aaron from TIL....

any reviews on on him and the company?

mine is a landed....

any comments id greatly appreciated.. thanks!!!!!

Hello, anyone had engaged Yen from TIL before and can provide some feedback on Yen (work, follow up, etc...)? Will be having an appointment for discussion with TIL soon so appreciate some comment from anyone. :)

On 1/27/2016 at 2:40 PM, wrc said:

Mine was a terrible experience. I have only moved into my flat for about 6 months and below are some of the many issues which I have encountered till date.

1) Tile came off from its original location in the kitchen.

2) Master bedroom toilet door handle came loose and became wobbly. I removed the handle only to realize the workers used hot glue to secure the handle all because the screws were not long enough!

3) Uneven lumps start surfacing around window ledge area (window was replaced by them) and judging by these lumps, it's obviously not a good job done.

4) 2 of the kitchen drawers soft closing mechanism failed, it doesn’t close properly now.

So far, I have only brought issue 1 up to my ID before Christmas and till date, nothing been done. Can't imagine how long I have to wait if I were make known the rest of the issues to them. While I understand no work is perfect and will require touch up here and there. This just prove that their after service is appalling and completely out of order.

During the reno, all my hinges for kitchen and bedroom was replaced (obviously causing the holes to be bigger since the screws on the hinges have to be re-installed), my master bedroom wardrobe had to be worked on 2 times because the color they used was wrong and not what we instructed them prior to installation.

All in all, their workmanship and coordination work is seriously questionable and now, it appears that their after service is just as bad.

In case if you are wondering I am their competitor penning down some bad reviews to drive my business, I am more than happy to show you photos of the above and provide more evidences to prove the authenticity of this review. Just drop me a PM.

Hope the above review helps.

Hi WRC, can share with me which ID did you use so I can avoid?

On 11/13/2017 at 12:30 AM, goldenrabbit said:

Hi,

haven seen much reviews on the interior lab. 

Thinking of engaging them. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me, thanks 

Have you met up with them yet? I am also thinking of speaking to them and wonder which ID is good.