Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

current layout

Hi, I am newbie here, wanting to get some advices on our renovation.

We bought a post war flat at Tiong Bahru because we like the neighbourhood, and its proximity to city.

Currently we haven't got our key yet, so the renovation is still on design planning.

I've already contacted a few ID and contractors to get quotation, but so far we haven't got any that we find suitable.

We have limited budget, because we have spent most of the money for the high cov.

So since I like to draw and photoshop, I'm trying to get some design ideas. Relying on id to come out with design is not so satisfying. Hopefully I can get some advices and comment from all of you who have more experiences.

Here is the original layout.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

So since we will have quite about 8 people staying here (including maid and 2 toddler and a baby), I'm trying to increase the shower accessibility but still within hdb restriction. Also I find that the access to shower/toilet is better to be separated from kitchen/dining. So here is the new layout (although I haven't satisfied with this layout).

floorplan1

Currently I am pondering on what floor finish that we are going to use.

We want to keep original terrazzo floor which is the typical floor finish used in the 1950. I also want to keep a portion of the original wood louvre window.

Initially also want to keep the kitchen floor (mozaic), but most contractors said better to hack it and redo water proofing.

So here the original floor finish

I want to change the color of the parquet flooring in bedroom into more contemporary color (coffee colour) in main bedroom, keeping the living room terrazzo floor. And the other two bedroom I want clear varnish (to show the original teak parquet floor color).
For the kitchen and bathroom and back balcony I still not sure what flooring should I choose.
I like sandy color, something light beige (like travertine), but it doesn't blend in with the original terrazzo floor.
Anybody have some suggestion?

The style for this renovation will follow the building style, but we want to create an updated look, and more minimalist, cleaner look. We don't want to create a museum look. Here some of my reference pictures