Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yajirobe

Where To Buy Door?

I can't seem to find a newer thread than this, to contribute. So I am using this afterall.

There is a new doors designer called Doors' Plus at 734 North Bridge Road (near Arab St). The boss is a nice and friendly chap, and his name is James Lim. Tel: 9022 4891. His office/shophouse is fitted with some modern looking doors, unlike the common looking naytoh doors that are commonly seen from most door suppliers. His doors are more designer, for the lack of better description.

I like his professionalism, and the fact that he speaks English, makes it all so much easier to discuss things. He was patient enough to explain the various types of doors. And yes, there is such a thing as naytoh/ply. Front is naytoh, inside is plywood.

I intend to have white door frames and white doors for all my bedrooms and bathrooms, but I have an issue with new naytoh doors that are hand-painted as they always show up a lot of wood fibres or worse, the paint brush bristles break off and get stuck onto the paint on the door. I like a smooth surface which look more modern but it has got to be white. A white smooth surface is possible only in laminates, as advised by James. Spray-painted doors are also available but they are so expensive, and James advised against them. So I selected a white wood grain laminate, and he will cut grooves to stick aluminum strips for a bit of design.

Hope this helps those of you who want doors with a difference.

Edited by Chunky Monkey

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yeah can share prices???

HDB offered optional package of $1600 for 3 bedroom doors and 2 toilet doors. TIMBER.

i thought it was expensive....but i donno.this is when i got coralinus

is it ex???

yeah can share prices???

HDB offered optional package of $1600 for 3 bedroom doors and 2 toilet doors. TIMBER.

i thought it was expensive....but i donno.this is when i got coralinus

is it ex???

Yah, u dun need timber door for all, normal solid naytoh door gud enuff for use is less than 250/door + install. Front door need better material type, so the enhanced solid naytoh type cost around $500, but if u live near the lift then bo bian u got to get the fire rated door which cost $800+ for 1/2hr or $1000+ for 1hr. if u see your house there got lift upgrading, wait for hdb to send letter cos they give u option to change door (main) will be cheaper and oso good one.

huh??? so u mean when i opted out for the door means they wont give me main door????

No lah, if u buy first hand one, dun need to change the main door, it's included in your package. if not, wat key hdb give u? oni grill meh. u go ask any reno pple, they always tell u hdb give de main door if not spoil dun need to change cos it's of good quality and neway u mention in yr previous post its optional for interior doors. interior doors duneed to put solid timber, solid naytoh one can le...

Any lobang where to get bedroom doors in that range?

Yah, u dun need timber door for all, normal solid naytoh door gud enuff for use is less than 250/door + install.

I can't seem to find a newer thread than this, to contribute. So I am using this afterall.

There is a new doors designer called Doors' Plus at 734 North Bridge Road (near Arab St). The boss is a nice and friendly chap, and his name is James Lim. Tel: 9022 4891. His office/shophouse is fitted with some modern looking doors, unlike the common looking naytoh doors that are commonly seen from most door suppliers. His doors are more designer, for the lack of better description.

I like his professionalism, and the fact that he speaks English, makes it all so much easier to discuss things. He was patient enough to explain the various types of doors. And yes, there is such a thing as naytoh/ply. Front is naytoh, inside is plywood.

I intend to have white door frames and white doors for all my bedrooms and bathrooms, but I have an issue with new naytoh doors that are hand-painted as they always show up a lot of wood fibres or worse, the paint brush bristles break off and get stuck onto the paint on the door. I like a smooth surface which look more modern but it has got to be white. A white smooth surface is possible only in laminates, as advised by James. Spray-painted doors are also available but they are so expensive, and James advised against them. So I selected a white wood grain laminate, and he will cut grooves to stick aluminum strips for a bit of design.

Hope this helps those of you who want doors with a difference.

**LATEST UPDATE 31/1/08**

I went down to 734 North Bridge Road yesterday. To my horror, Doors Plus is no longer around. Instead i saw a Nasi Briyani shop. James HP no also cut off. The high rental must've chased him off.

Cheers

Vince

They have move too 338 Changi Road, #01-07. Their office is 62968801. You may want to try calling them again.

**LATEST UPDATE 31/1/08**

I went down to 734 North Bridge Road yesterday. To my horror, Doors Plus is no longer around. Instead i saw a Nasi Briyani shop. James HP no also cut off. The high rental must've chased him off.

Cheers

Vince

try defu lane for DOOR Vendor ..

or check our my blog .. i got it 100 cheaper /per door from retail shop.