Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
akxe

5 In 1 Bed

Hi friends

I had recently visited the furniture sale at Expo and found the so called "5-in-1" bed which has a single bed+ super single bed (bottom & top). The bottom bed is of pull out type and we can make it to stand to make a queen or king size bed together. We were considering this for our new house assuming this could be used as a guest bed, saving space.

My worry is whether the bed is strong enough to be used for adults? or is it meant to be used for kids? Any ideas, feedbacks, experiences you have encountered if you have used such a bed would be really helpful. Any recommended sources from where you bought previously ?

thanks so much

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I have a bed like this. I got it from Forty Two (a great online Singapore store, by the way). It can be used by adults, although I guess it depends on the type of bed you saw. The one I have is actually called "3-in-1", but it is exactly like what you described. It makes a queen size, not a king. The thing to be careful is whether there is a gap between the two beds when they are joined, and also to make sure that the mattresses are the same height. I would recommend it as a guest bed, not for something you use all the time.

I have the 5 in 1 bed. Upper super single with lower single. The one thing you need to take note is to not sleep on the lower bed without pulling it up to the full height. Cause if it's not pull up, it will be resting on the 2 wheels instead of the 2 solid legs. The wheels are meant to be used to pull in and out the mattress from under the bed. I bought mine from MaxCoil. Great for any guest, adult or child.

Hi there, I take back what I said above about this 5-in-1 bed from FortyTwo being good. The concept is a good idea, but the bed frame has gone completely mouldy due to the faux leather. I wouldn't recommend this particular bed, and also wouldn't recommend buying from FortyTwo.

I had a recent bad experience buying from Forty-Two.sg.

The quality was bad and it comes with bed bugs.

They refuse to do an exchange and denied all claims.

Previous know as Beds.sg, probably changed name because of bad reviews.

Don't be fooled like me.

Go down to a reputable store and try out the mattress before purchase,

do not get conned by Forty-Two.sg

On 7/2/2013 at 3:52 PM, akxe said:

Hi friends

I had recently visited the furniture sale at Expo and found the so called "5-in-1" bed which has a single bed+ super single bed (bottom & top). The bottom bed is of pull out type and we can make it to stand to make a queen or king size bed together. We were considering this for our new house assuming this could be used as a guest bed, saving space.

My worry is whether the bed is strong enough to be used for adults? or is it meant to be used for kids? Any ideas, feedbacks, experiences you have encountered if you have used such a bed would be really helpful. Any recommended sources from where you bought previously ?

thanks so much

do u have a photo of the bed? and cost